residential retreat for work, oh no!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
I just found out today that everyone at work has to go for a 2-3 day residential training session at work. Apparently its an intensive re-induction for people who have worked for the company for more than 3 years. Since I've now been there for four years, it means I have to go.

It's mandatory, but i really don't want to go. It's almost certain that I'll have to share a room with someone and what if I have a seizure? I certainly wouldn't want to peel wet sheets off the bed in front of them or have someone see what my seizurey brain gets upto at night.

Do I refuse to go? I don't know how they could force everyone to anyway - what about people with kids? Argh!

:e:Tell them that since there is a medical issue that you would feel very unconfortable doing this and or will there be a paid nurse there ?

Time to talk to HR and see if you can...
...Receive a medical dispensation and get the training some other way.
...Or reserve a single room if you can't.

It this close enough that you could attend in the day then go home at night.

If not maybe you could talk to your superv.

Good Luck..

I dont know where its going to be yet, but I'm guessing its not going to be close enough to travel, otherwise my company wouldn't pay for accommodation. They're really stingy. I mean, they make us travel a four-hour trip just for a normal days training. So far I've managed to refuse/avoid that. I would be physically too exhausted to travel home after all that and a full days training. Plus I'm sure there's rules about reasonable distances to travel to work.

Going to see if my current manager is in work tomorrow, maybe I could bring up the subject.

Back
Top Bottom