The resilience of children...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
I am in awe and will forever be in awe of the resilience of children.
Their NORMAL is the only one they know.
I feel guilt about my seizures but know that it is also a blessing for my children in a way for what it can teach them.
My youngest is now 3.
He has only known Mommy to have "twitchies" as my children like to call them. I always thought they were simple partials but lately I wonder...
Just tonight I was tired and was waiting for my son to choose his bedtime stories and I was patiently waiting and looking at the floor and he noticed and walked over and said "Mommy?" and grabbed my chin. And I looked up and said "Yes?" And he laughed and said "Just checking!"
So sad. Did he think a seizure was about to happen? Am I having complex seizures without knowing? Who knows. It is just one of those things that our children have to deal with. I must think of it as a blessing. Life is a blessing. My children have me. I adore them and they adore me and the moments we share are the gifts we treasure. The seizures are not the only way they will remember me. Hey, and me not being able to drive is a great way to teach them about public transportation. Life is serious enough for me to not take things seriously!

You are blessed. Enjoy them while they are small. They grow up waayy too fast!
Good Luck!
M

I am in awe and will forever be in awe of the resilience of children.
Their NORMAL is the only one they know.
I feel guilt about my seizures but know that it is also a blessing for my children in a way for what it can teach them.
My youngest is now 3.
He has only known Mommy to have "twitchies" as my children like to call them. I always thought they were simple partials but lately I wonder...
Just tonight I was tired and was waiting for my son to choose his bedtime stories and I was patiently waiting and looking at the floor and he noticed and walked over and said "Mommy?" and grabbed my chin. And I looked up and said "Yes?" And he laughed and said "Just checking!"
So sad. Did he think a seizure was about to happen? Am I having complex seizures without knowing? Who knows. It is just one of those things that our children have to deal with. I must think of it as a blessing. Life is a blessing. My children have me. I adore them and they adore me and the moments we share are the gifts we treasure. The seizures are not the only way they will remember me. Hey, and me not being able to drive is a great way to teach them about public transportation. Life is serious enough for me to not take things seriously!

Your children sound lovely and children adjust to situations...your so lucky.

When i had a grand mal seizure when my nephew was younger, apparently he used to mimic me on the floor which my parents told me, it wasn't till he reached about 8 that he excepted they was seizures.

Be happy with your fortune in life :hugs:

Hi Lisa....You sound great, as well as your darling kids. As always, your ability to make a paragraph sound like poetry is amazing.... Katie

Children ARE amazingly resilient. They know and love you unconditionally. You are blessed. And they do grow too fast!!!!

Back
Top Bottom