Roller Coasters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

400ex

New
Reaction score
I havent been to a Rollercoaster theme park since well I didnt have Epilepsy. Now that I have Epilepsy, I was wondering if E and fast paced high altitudes can cause anything?

I think some people definitely get affected, especially those with reflex epilepsy or photosensitivity. I've had no problem hiking at high altitudes (11,000 feet), and I would love to do a Zipwire, but the idea of skydiving/bungy jumping/big rollercoasters seems less appealing.

Personally I wouldn't go now. It's been so long that I barely remember what it was like anyways!

I got to our Red River Exhibition *traveling fair rides* every year, and I dont really have a problem. I know my limits though. Spinning rides I just dont do. they make me sick and dizzy and more internally stressed than the few wild seconds on the FireBall!

ah the Ex.. I haven't been there in 15 years. So many cool rides and games. A great Winnipeg attraction.

I really liked the mini donuts.

*drools* mini donuts!

I guess thats another "hazard" of going to a fair or theme park. all the food you shouldnt eat. especially if you are using a diet to help control your seizures.

15 YEARS CHRIS!!!
i think you need to get yourself back there. its so much fun to just wak around!

I loved going on rollercoasters when I was 15, I developed my seizures only a year later... Its not something I am willing to risk. I wanted to go to Six Flags and ride the scream machine again!!! :rock:

Hey.

Funny you sould post this. I was recently supposed to go to disneyland. Saturday infact.

I brought it up to my Neurologist.. she said no. Not right now.

Your probably thinking.. disneyland ??? yup .. no real big rides.

Bare in mind... your going to be walking all day, there is gonna be TON of noise... cameras and flashing lights at every angle...not just the rides themselves.

If your triggered very easily by stress or any of these things, or your seizures are not controlled Id avoid if for now....just incase.

Just like how you feel on rollor coasters, I hate riding the elevator - although I'd rather take the elevator than the dirty spider infested stairs!

That rush on the elevator feels just like a Simple Partial. I actually used to like the feeling of simple partials, like "whoa, trippy!" But I've grown sick of that feeling!

That rush on the elevator feels just like a Simple Partial.

Yes! Elevators can do that to me too. I always feel dizzy and light headed afterwards. I'd rather take the stairs, but first thing in the morning...

Funny, being on an escalator can do a similar thing to me. When I get off I feel like I'm going to fall over. And when the escalator is stopped, and it is being used as stairs, I still lunge forward on the first step.

Our brains are really strange sometimes.

That rush on the elevator feels just like a Simple Partial. I actually used to like the feeling of simple partials, like "whoa, trippy!" But I've grown sick of that feeling!

Oh yuck! I hate that feeling on the elevator. Thank you for giving me a concrete experience to relate to, so I understand what it's like to have certain kinds of seizures.

I just mentioned it to partner, and he says that's the feeling he gets just before he gets his epigastric rising sensation.

Yeah,
Like that brief feeling of weightlessness when your on a rollercoaster, or jumping off a high diving board or the feeling of falling. But for a longer period of time.

Back
Top Bottom