Rules for Good Mental Health

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
A very special friend sent me this website and I thought I would share it with you. I especially liked this part. I think we all would be much healthier if we found a peaceful place for most of our daily activities.
In Ayurvedic thought, strong mental health is synonymous with virtue. The ancient texts made frequent and eloquent reference to religious virtues. Honesty, courtesy, and respect for others are the basic ingredients for mental well being. Almost as important is the belief that the sense organs must be trained and used carefully. That is to say, it is imperative that we avoid over-stimulation of the senses, which can lead to damage. This dangerous stimulation includes but is not limited to loud noise, bright light and excessive vibration. TAM doctors recommend a peaceful atmosphere for most of life's activities. One can only wonder what the ancient writers would think of today's world.

Ancient cultures engaged in physical and spiritual practices for a variety of related reasons. For example, practices such as breath control, mental focusing exercises, memory practice, visualization and meditation can be used to train the sense organs. One goal of these training exercises is to reach a quiescent (tranquil or serene) spiritual place where the deepest muscle tissues relax, and blood flow equalizes. This stimulates the release of healing energy (and probably some neuropeptides as well), and has an extraordinarily beneficial effect on health. It is also the foundation for spiritual development.
http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/diseases/oriental-neurology.html

Back
Top Bottom