"Running Motor" Feeling through out the whole body

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Have any of you experienced this before?

I woke up this morning to use the restroom and went back to bed. Right as I layed back down again I had this feeling all through out my body! It felt like a motor was running. Like if you were to put your hand on a running motor of a car, or anything.... what you feel in the hand, I felt through out my whole body! It felt so weird!

Im just wondering if this could be a symptom of seizures trying to pop up or something to do with getting off of Vimpat? Im on day 2 of just being on Keppra XR and no vimpat.

I get something that is similar, but different. It's kind of a buzzing/electrical feeling in my whole body, kind of like what a high-tension wire sounds like.`(high tension wires are the very high voltage wires that run across big towers a hundred feet up) It's kind of like vibrating or buzzing like a bee, but different.

I get something that is similar, but different. It's kind of a buzzing/electrical feeling in my whole body, kind of like what a high-tension wire sounds like.`(high tension wires are the very high voltage wires that run across big towers a hundred feet up) It's kind of like vibrating or buzzing like a bee, but different.

Did it lead to a seizure? I was feeling a bit "off" when it happened. Like my body was trying to work its way into a seizure.

I get it on "seizury" days, sometimes it leads to a seizure, sometimes not. Sometimes I think this IS the seizure, because it has periods where it becomes really intense for a few minutes.

I get it on "seizury" days, sometimes it leads to a seizure, sometimes not. Sometimes I think this IS the seizure, because it has periods where it becomes really intense for a few minutes.

Thats how it is with me too. Friday night when I went to bed, I remember feeling alittle dizzy. I took my Keppra XR before going to bed, and then at around 2:30am I woke up to feeling really funny..... my legs were feeling weird, like they were numb but I also had that motor feeling. I would try to move around to see if it would go away, but at times it would feel like the more I moved, the more intense the feeling felt. I eventually feel asleep again.

Then this morning I had the motor feeling in my whole body. It lasted for at least 5 minutes, and then faded away.

Back
Top Bottom