Saying Goodbye to Doctors

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I got back from my appointment about an hour ago, It's been a long day so far.
I spent the night at my Uncles house, got to talk with my Aunt for a little while, I haven't seen her the past 3 times I was there. I enjoyed talking with her about everyday things to how I'm doing with my epilepsy, she's a RN so I don't have to hold any side effects of meds, or even the seizures themselves back from her, to knitting and books.

I slept on their couch, ended up fight the dog for it a couple of times last night.

I had the first appointment of the day so we left early to deal with the crazy traffic, I thought we were going to be crushed several times with how crazy drivers are in the Twin Cities area. Listened to my Uncle curse until we get to the University, only to find road construction going on blocking the normal routes in, and then there was more cursing lol

I check in at the office, and have my blood pressure checked 3 times, the nurse didn't know that I wasn't used to the crazy drivers or that kind of traffic, then I
find out that my dr. hasn't arrived yet.

So my Uncle and I wait for 20mins. He shows up, we go through how I've been doing with the seizures, and bad memory. Then at the end of the appointment I tell him that I need to be referred back to the hospital and the doctor I had been seeing in my hometown before him since I'm having a hard time finding relatives, my Father and Sisters mostly, My Uncle had brought me today because he had a day off, to bring me to them, and he was stunned.

I'm going to see how it goes the first few appointments with the doctor up here, it's been 3 or 4 years since I had seen him, and if I don't get the same, feeling I guess, from him i'll ask to refer me back.

It is so hard to have to line up rides. I hope that you like the dr. back home so that it is easier on you. I agree, twin city traffic can be a bit much (my son and his wife live up there), but it is nothing compared to Chicago! Now those are some crazy people :)

I hope the local doc is someone you trust and like. Maybe your Twin City neuro can consult from afar if needed?

Best of luck with your local doc. I know finding the right ones that you feel comfortable with can be a long uneasy process.

Nakamova: If I remember right, the neurologist up here went to school with the Dr. at the university, I was referred to him by the Dr. up here, so I'm pretty sure that we'd be able to keep him in the loop of my seizures and perhaps get his advice about medication combinations too.

MuayThaiFighter: I've had 4 Drs. so far, not including the surgeon or the psychologist from the surgery. The first one was an old neurologist who laughed a lot and tried to make everything about my seizures brighter, but ended up retiring, I only had 2 appointments with the second neurologist, my epilepsy proved too confusing to him, then the 3rd thought he figured out why I was having seizures so I was then referred to the Dr. at the University.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom