Scared To Have An Afternoon Nap

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Solicitous

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey all.

The only med I am taking right now is 1mg Ativan 2x day.

I get so tired in the day time, I need to take a nap.

BUT every time I wake up from taking a nap I'm either in the middle of a seizure
or a seizure happens right away.

Some of them are doozers.

I just love this group!! I'm glad I found you.

Norm Beam

My wife used to have the same problem with naps. Maybe you should try eating smaller and more frequent meals to regulate your blood sugar better (so you won't get so tired).

Do you have a regular exercise routine? That can also help. I encourage my wife to do some aerobic exercise if she happens to get tired in the middle of the day. Get the blood circulating and oxygenate it.

Thanks Bernard.

One thing that I do not is have is a regular exercise rutine. Since I found out that I had E,
I found that a lot of my Muscular Dystrophy problems were not M.D. problems and that they were directly related to E. Such as fatigue. I was put in an electric wheelchair for the only reason that I have M.D. Steriotypeing. It was the last thing I needed. Since I found out about E, I have refused to use the wheel chair and doing fine with out it...even better. But I need to get out more and walk. This E has really changed my life, and I have to start wakeing up and try to start living a normal life once again, but it is so hard to get motivated.

Eating wise: is one of my big propblems as well. I barely eat all day, and when I go to bed at night, after I take my meds, I get starveing and gorge. I am craving and eating a lot of carbs also.

Thanks so much Bernard...a little motivation goes a long way, and your reply has giving me the motivation to get out and walk aand start to eat better.

Have a great one Bernard
Norm Beam

Eating wise: is one of my big propblems as well. I barely eat all day, and when I go to bed at night, after I take my meds, I get starveing and gorge. I am craving and eating a lot of carbs also.

That's a huge red flag to me. You aren't doing yourself any favors with that routine. Check this thread out (it can be a bit heavy reading, but it's worth it): carbs, seizure control diets and NPY

Thanks so much Bernard...a little motivation goes a long way, and your reply has giving me the motivation to get out and walk aand start to eat better.

:bigsmile:

Back
Top Bottom