scenarios

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

New
Reaction score
I was wondering if we could make a thread with a list of different places/situations that may heighten the chances and/or feelings of occurrence with grand mal seizures and how to safely go about such scenarios and what we can do in order to further safeguard ourselves or others from harm.

i was getting a filling the other day and it was quite deep, the drill was vibrating my jaw, consequently my head, so much i felt sure a seizure was coming on. i'm pretty sure it woud have happened had i not been on my epilim.

what happens if a dentist using sharp utensils is halfway down ur throat and u brainstorm on the couch? are they trained for such situations? should we stop the operation and alert them? what if it's just anxiety? should we wait until there is a definite aura? what if it is too late then?

these are the sorts of questions id like to pose on a vast array of circumstances

so what can we do and what other creative or everyday environments may be of concern?

thx, heath.

If you've alerted your Dentist or
Oral Surgeon of your Epilepsy, He/She
would have asked what medications
are you currently taking and when was
the last time you took them - the
AEDs of course.
In addition - yes, they are trained for
these things, but if you have doubts
or reservations, you could always
ask before such procedures were
performed.