Seizure 'control'

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joeyrory

New
Reaction score
Does this have a proper definition?

Like does it mean 0% seizures on meds/without meds

Could someone used to 4 seizures a week having one every 6 months or every 2 years be considered manageably controlled?

I'm on two medications (lamictal and Clobazam) and I've had two TC since, they are much more spaced but one was after I missed my dose and one was after I had no sleep all night. Is this considered controlled?

Hey Joey,

Control can mean anything from the pills helping someone to have zero seizures or have some control.

For me it's some control, I still have my seizures, but i have them now in the mornings thanks to my meds i'm on, Gabapentin. Before that they would come at anytime of the day and yes, the worst time of the day. So to me, just that little control makes a world of a difference.

So it's relative to the person and the meds.

Cheers,

:piano: :pop:

control for me would be 0 seizures.
I haven't had any seizures since the 2nd of this month, and i Was multiple seizures on the 1st when I was giving Carbamapine instead of Tegretol and that's the probably the reason I had the multiple seizures in Pet scan.I'd be happy to go a month sz free because I never know how long I might go.

Hey Joey,

Control can mean anything from the pills helping someone to have zero seizures or have some control.

For me it's some control, I still have my seizures, but i have them now in the mornings thanks to my meds i'm on, Gabapentin. Before that they would come at anytime of the day and yes, the worst time of the day. So to me, just that little control makes a world of a difference.

So it's relative to the person and the meds.

This is the same with me.

When I started having seizures, 12 years ago, it was over 20 a month. It took about 10 years, many different meds and a VNS now I'm having on average 7 a month. It's been like this for a little over 2 years so I might say this is controlled for me.

Back
Top Bottom