Seizure Focus and Gray Hair?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

elizzza811

Stalwart
Reaction score
I mentioned this once in another thread, and I'm not 'officially' diagnosed as having epilepsy (yet). But my one EEG did show some possible abnormalities coming from my right temporal lobe, and I can't help but notice one thick gray 'stripe' hanging from my right temple, whereas the left temple only has grays interspersed within my brown hair (more salt and pepper), and it isn't nearly as noticeable.

Anybody else notice a correlation between your seizure focus and gray hair?

my husband has the exact same thing, but he does not have seizures. He has had it for years. Makes him look very handsome :) His came about from a clogged folical!

it started to puff up all around it and become super hard. He had to go to the doctor and have the "clog" cut out! It was really pretty cool because he used this instrument that look like a cork screw, no kidding. He popped that bad boy in there and "unscrewed" the clog!

I've had a grey streak or two for most of my life, I never knew until I was 14. My art teacher in high school would call it my "alien probe mark", because it was more of a small patch at the time. My streaks come and go everytime I get my hair cut.

Just this month, I learned that what I have are known as "celtic streaks". They're called that because a lot of people with Irish heritage get them. For me, they're nothing but sections or strands of hair with no pigment.

I'm not an expert on E, so I couldn't say for sure if there's a connection. I don't have E, I'm on this forum for friends who do. So it's possible this is just a genetic thing.

So it's possible this is just a genetic thing.

More than likely, it's a genetic thing. I didn't have grey hair until after my lobectomy. I had surgery on the left side and back then they shaved that side of my head. When my hair grew back, it was grey!:crying:

I've always had bone straight hair, but after I had been diagnosed with epilepsy it's got some curl to it! I don't know if this may have something to do with the meds or from the epilepsy itself, it's just really wierd.

My hair has gotten a little curlier, too, but I wish it would get crazy curly already. I used to get spiral perms all the time.

I stumbled upon this post and thought it was interesting. My son has epilepsy and has quite a bit of gray hair for his age (he is 18 ). It is not in a streak, but it is noticeable.

I started to notice some grey hair around the age of 27. Yes, very early. Mine started out on my left side, near my bang area, so I do have left temporal epilepsy, but I dont know if thats something to do with it or not. Since then, Ive had more greys come about, mostly all over... I color my hair once every month.

Back
Top Bottom