Seizure headaches

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Usually when I have a seizure I'll have a horrible headache. I've noticed that the seizure headache is always in the same place on my head, just in one spot on the right hand side. If I have a normal headache it will be across my full forehead.

Is it normal to have that seizure headache in the same spot every time?

I have left temporal lobe epilepsy, and usually after I have a seizure, my head hurts worst on my left side. All the doctors Ive seen during my lifetime has told me its common for my head to hurt in the area where the epilepsy is located at. So I think its normal for that to happen.

After a partial-complex or a TC seizure, I'll get a right-side migraine focused on one spot above and slightly in front of my right ear.
Pretty sure that's normal, if they originate from a specific region

i thought i was the only one..... hours b4 a sezure i will get real stabbing pain in left hand side of my head beside my eye.......... i get it alot now without the sezures but even worse b4 1

I used to get alot of headaches after a complex partial seizure & they were usually on the left side of my forehead. Sometimes I used to wake up with one of these annoying headaches on my left side which made me think I may have had a seizure in my my sleep.

Sometimes the headaches wouldn't last long, but other times they would last for the rest of the day & I would need to have a nap to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom