Seizure Journals

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've been trying to create an account with epilepsy.com for the last 15mins...no luck. I didnt see the one for seizuretracker.com in the apps section for android market. Maybe I'll look again.

Thanks petero. I finally got it to load and be able to create an account however it doesnt seem to be working correctly. I'll try seizuretrackers web site. Our daughter doesnt seem interested in keeping a log however I thought I could for her...general stuff. Lifes so busy for a 15 year old girl you know *laughing*

I tried putting my diary onto seizure tracker, at epilepsy.com, quite sometime ago, but it was difficult as so many of my occurrences are uncertain events. I am not absolutely certain what they are unless someone is around me and can tell me I had a specific type of seizure. Until the doctors invent a tattoo that appears to tell me what just occurred was a sps or a cps I couldn't classify at least half of them, except for my descriptions/sensations and possible triggers.
I definitely like to keep track of when I miss my medications and some days when I just feel close to seizures.

Instead of trying to figure out what type of seizure I've had I usually just describe how I felt, what I did during it and how long it lasted.

Usually if there's no one there to see me have the seizure I don't know that I've had it. Alot of times I don't get auras, just go right into it with no warning. If I will have one it usually lasts less than a minute and by the time I figure out it's happening it's too late. I have a VNS and I've noticed lately that if I'm having a seizure I won't get the 'tickle' in my throat, I'f I'm not having one I will. So if I'm getting a wierd feeling and use it and don't get that 'tickle' then I'll mark it down that I might have had a seizure. If I get a headache after then I know for sure that I've had one.

I think we do much of the same.
I was explaining why I like to use my email more than any application I have tried so far. I like to label some of my events as possible seizures/weird events, some of them as reflex seizures, etc. this is not yet possible on any application I have found even though they can be classified as many different types of seizures and your moods can be tracked or notes can be made.
Most of my journal is taken up by descriptions and looking back on it I can often tell if I was capable of writing at the time. Descriptions from family members are necessary and written. I would never know I've had a generalized seizure as opposed to a complex partial without being told or the weird things I can do.
I can imagine neurologists eventually using online diaries to keep track of seizures. The diary on epilepsy.com is usable, I just like my email better.

seizure tracker... I can access the revised smartphone website through the web browser on my phone, even if there isn't an app for android yet. (there's only an app for iPhone) Thanks, Petero! This is great!

seizure tracker... I can access the revised smartphone website through the web browser on my phone, even if there isn't an app for android yet. (there's only an app for iPhone) Thanks, Petero! This is great!

awesome!
you're welcome

Endless, I've been keeping a daily journal of all my activities from the moment I get up until the time I rise again the next day. I want to record what timeI get up or went to bed. What times I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and what I had to eat for each. I want to record when I took my meds and what mood I was in the entire day. If I slept all night or got up to get a drink or to use the bathroom. I even log what type of work I did that day and what type of materials I used in case they may be a trigger. I store this info on a thumb drive of 16Gig and if I am away from my home, I send myself an email with my info and copy/past it to my journal when I get back home. It is a lot of detail but I am determend to get a control on this seizure business. It is private and password protected. Another way of doing the same?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom