seizure med cause vertigo

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Have any of you had any experience with your meds causing vertigo? thanks.

I'm on Keppra and Tegretol. I'm not sure which, but one of them definitely causes vertigo!

Nothing like stumbling like a drunk >.<

How do you deal with the vertigo? Can you take antihistamines? AH triggers a seizure so I can't take them. I am at a loss for what to do to get rid of vertigo. Holding to the wall to stand up is not pleasant. thanks for your reply.

Hi Emee --

Valium can help with vertigo (as well as with seizures, on a short-term basis). You could ask your doc about giving that a try. If the side effect doesn't go away, then you might need to consider trying another anti-seizure med.

If you're not sure that the meds are the cause of the vertigo, you might want to see an ear doctor to rule out anything else.

im on keppra and teg also and i get mega vertigo! i have to walk downstair sooo slow!

I got terrible vertigo with Keppra. Often first thing when I woke up in the morning.
I could only continue to lie down and wait for the feeling to pass.
I get it with Vimpat too but it is not as intense and more like dizziness.

Back
Top Bottom