Seizures Are Back

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kate

New
Reaction score
Well.. my seizures had been under control. I hadn't had a seizure since December. Which this has been the longest time I have gone seizure free.

Last night I had three seizures. The first one was in my sleep so I cannot say how long it lasted because no one witnessed it. The last two were witnessed by my parents. I was told they were both grand mal and the first one lasted one minute and the last one lasted five minutes.

I had to be taken in an ambulance to the hospital and be given medicine and all for all the pain and to stop from having more seizures. Needless to say, I hurt like heck. I feel like someone beat the crap out of me. And any time I think about it it's hard not to cry. It's so scary. I thought I was getting better..

My eyesight is still not entirely back. I have to make my fonts very large and I cannot be online for long. Still in a lot of pain, although on strong pain medicine as well as muscle relaxers. For awhile I couldnt talk. I was scared I had brain damage. I semi-remember trying to speak and the words coming out wrong. Such a scary feeling. I didnt even know where I was when I woke up.

Anyway. I have my ankle surgery this Wednesday. Than on Sunday head to Indianapolis (three hour away) than Monday I enter the hospital for my Video EEG till Friday.

I know with my test I will not have internet and the only time I will be allowed to leave my hospital bed is to use the restroom, so I will be bored, but I am going to try to keep busy, and have friends coming to visit, watching tons of movies with my mama, etc.

Wanted to update you guys. I'm scared that these seizures are back. I thoguht I was doing good. Please pray for me.

hugs.gif

(((((( Kate ))))))

So sorry to hear this! Will keep
you in prayers! E Stinks!

Hi Kate

Sorry to hear about the seizures you had. It is scary when you go to speak during a seizure or just after having a seizure & the words don't come out right. I also find it annoying sometimes.

I hope everything goes well with the ankle surgery & the video EEG.

I'll have you in my thoughts.

Last edited:
:( So sorry to hear about your seizures Kate. If it makes you feel any better, Stacy has been through the ringer a few times too and I'm confident that your cognitive functions will return to normal just like hers always has.

BTW, going a longer period of time between seizures, IMO, *is* a sign that you are getting better - just not 100% there yet.

((( Kate ))) Well, RATS. I'm so sorry that happened.
But I know the VEEG will be an enormous help to your doctors. Hang on for that.

Thanks you all. ((hugs)) I don't know what I'd do without your support and understanding. It's so nice to have people around who really understand how I feel.

I am sorry to hear of this set-back. Good luck with your ankle surgery and your Video EEG. {{{HUGS}}}

Back
Top Bottom