Seizures and...Solar and Geomagnetic Activity?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Magnetic Variances Associated with ‘Haunt-type’ Experiences: A Comparison Using Time-Synchronised Baseline Measurement

Behavioural Brain Sciences Centre, School of Psychology
University of Birmingham

Excerpts:
Some animal studies have also shown that overt occurrences of limbic motor seizures increased significantly when a 7Hz amplitude-modulated magnetic field varying between 10nT to 50nT were applied for two hours duration (Michon & Persinger, 1997).

Magnetic surveys of reputedly haunted locations have suggested that both increased levels of the localized ambient GMFs and increased levels in EMFs can be associated with anomalous effects and strange experience. It has also been argued that the ambient geomagnetic field varies more over small spatial distances (e.g., in a room) than what would be expected naturally. (Nichols & Roll, 1999; Roll & Nichols, 1999; Persinger & Koren, 2001) (Roll & Persinger, 2001; Roll, Moody & Radin, 1996) (Nichols & Roll, 1998; Persinger et al., 2001; Roll, Maher & Brown, 1992)

Note the preliminary frequency analysis here revealed a small 7Hz to 8Hz field in the pillow area alone.

The study was carried out at Muncaster Castle, Ravenglass, in Cumbria, England. This location has been actively investigated exclusively by the author since 1992. It represents one of the longest running continued field investigations into a haunting ever carried out. A detailed review of case events is beyond the scope of the present article, suffice to say the following: over the course of investigation numerous eyewitnesses have been interviewed and their testimonies evaluated, many site examinations have taken place, and field-based investigations have been carried out continuously since 1992.

These values are summarized for each session and sensor in Table1.

This gives an initial indication of where and when the strongest fields and highest variances occurred. All values are given in nanoTesla (nT). Secondly, the data from both sensors for the full 4-hours was merged into one large data file. This file contained over 900,000 magnetic samples across the two sensors combined.

In the present study, over the course of the 4-hour measuring period, the total combined magnetic field measured in the window area increased more than the combined fields measured in the pillow area (25nT versus 5nT). The difference in the increase between the sensors was significant.

---> The smaller increase at Sensor A is consistent with the field distortion idea mentioned above, where amplitudes may be artificially reduced in the pillow area (or biased away from it) due to nearby fixtures and fittings in the base of the bed.

However, perhaps more interesting was when the total field was decomposed into the individual axes analysis. This revealed that the time-based variances in the magnetic fields measured in the pillow area were substantially and significantly higher than the variances measured in the window area (except for the z-axis).

The magnetic properties that characterized the two sensor locations seemed to remain relatively constant over the 4-hour measuring period. This may imply that occupants of the bed would, at least in principle, be exposed to the complex field over a more prolonged time period.

Finally, although a detailed analysis of frequency components is beyond the scope of the present article, a preliminary examination of the signals for session 1 revealed a small but continuous peak at 7Hz to 8Hz (picked up in both x and y-axes) from the pillow area.

The measurement session lasted for 4 hours of continuous time-linked monitoring. In terms of nearby electrical devices, the room is only equipped with side lighting and these were left on. There were table lamps either side of the Tapestry room bed, and two lamps situated on either side of a dressing table near the window area. With the exception of the sensors, and a ceiling mounted fire alarm, these were the only electrical devices in the room (and a similar arrangement is employed in all adjacent rooms). No individual entered the TR (Tapestry Room) during the measurement period.

---> Irrespective of the underlying mechanism it is clear that occupants of the bed are exposed to a highly spatially variant field with ambient levels around the torso area that were double that of normal levels and almost three times that of the pillow area.

-->Sensor A (pillow area) provided an overall value of 30491nT

--->whereas Sensor B (window area) produced an overall field of 77857nT
(a difference of approximately 47366nT).

Full study: rwhit.dsl.pipex.com/MADS/docs/EJOP_Magnetic_Variances.pdf

Last edited:
I have to read this over later when I have time, but what other sorts of things can I do while sleeping, besides unplugging everything in the room? I actually sleep on a metal futon many nights with metal springs underneath...the legs of the futon are wooden though. I think I told you before, too, that my home measures 3 to 4 milligauss 24/7, regardless of what I unplug.

Most nights I sleep lousy, though last night I slept slightly better than I have all week...some tossing and turning, but at least I was able to fall asleep before 4am. There was an electron flux last night...

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

But no funky 'electron dips'...(scroll to the Satellite Environment Plot graph)...

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today2.html

The sun has calmed down some apparently...

http://spaceweather.com/

I have to read this over later when I have time, but what other sorts of things can I do while sleeping, besides unplugging everything in the room?

Most nights I sleep lousy, though last night I slept slightly better than I have all week...some tossing and turning, but at least I was able to fall asleep before 4am. There was an electron flux last night...

How much sleep are you averaging a night, and how long have you been experiencing insomnia? Just curious. Insomnia was a vexing issue for me most of my adult life.

That's not to say that since incorporating these changes, I don't have a restless night now and then, or nocturnal seizure activity. It's not a cure-all. However, I am experiencing more delta wave sleep, REM, longer sleep time, and fewer nocturnal seizures. I've also had a major reduction in sleep paralysis episodes. Becoming aware of my environment (what I can't see) has demonstrated some promising, and encouraging results.

The last study I posted "Magnetic Variances Associated with ‘Haunt-type’ Experiences" may assist you in connecting some of the dots with your own research. The study is quite comprehensive, including graphs and charts, but written in a way that us laypeople can understand.

Highlighting studies from previous post:

---> "The smaller increase at Sensor A is consistent with the field distortion idea mentioned above, where amplitudes may be artificially reduced in the pillow area (or biased away from it) ---> due to nearby fixtures and fittings in the base of the bed."

---> "Irrespective of the underlying mechanism it is clear that occupants of the bed are exposed to a highly spatially variant field with ambient levels around the torso area that were double that of normal levels and almost three times that of the pillow area."

Excerpts from "Cross Currents and the Body Electric" - Robert Becker, MD:

"Since melatonin and serotonin are the primary circadian endocrine hormones, all vital organs, including the brain, hypothalamus, central nervous system, lymph system, immune system, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, uterus, testes and fetus, have melatonin and serotonin receptors. Hence, substances that alter the melatonin/serotonin balance can affect organs throughout the brain and body."

"Because the melatonin/serotonin balance is the primary circadian regulator, the daily awake/sleep, metabolic, respiratory, cardiac and activity cycle is modulated though melatonin and serotonin receptors in all our vital organs, especially the brain, hypothalamus, central nervous system, lungs, heart, reproductive organs and fetus."

Highlighting study from previous post:

Geomagnetic disturbances are associated with reduced nocturnal excretion of a melatonin metabolite in humans

Conclusion:
"A greater reduction in 6-OHMS (melatonin metabolite, 6-hydroxymelatonin sulfate) excretion was observed when increased geomagnetic activity --> was combined with elevated 60 Hz MF or reduced ambient light exposures." Source: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394099003080

:e:

I'm probably averaging 4 to 5 hours of sleep per night, and much of the time this sleep involves a lot of tossing and several trips to the bathroom. Also, drenching sweats quite frequently. Some nights though (I had several this past week) I can't even fall asleep until 4 or 5am...close to daybreak. Then finally when the sun begins to rise I can finally sleep some, though again, it often involves tossing and turning - but it's better than insomnia. Obviously I'd prefer to get the majority of my sleep at night, rather than at sunrise. It feels almost as if I am backwards...I am tired by noon, but wide awake at midnight, and I rarely nap during the day.

It's interesting though that all sorts of things can affect melatonin production EMF-wise, which ultimately ends up affecting other organs. My immunoglobulins when tested have always been dangerously low.

I'm probably averaging 4 to 5 hours of sleep per night, and much of the time this sleep involves a lot of tossing and several trips to the bathroom. Also, drenching sweats quite frequently.

Way to little sleep, imo, especially if it's light sleep in the first stages. I'm saying nothing you don't already know. Sleep problems have become common in modern society, and a cause for concern in children, recent studies report. I battled with insomnia most of my life, until the last couple of years. I can relate to your night sweats and the tossing and turning. Btw, I wanted to clarify that when I posted that I didn't have any metal objects in my bedroom, I meant large metal objects, such as was exemplified in the study. The comprehensive study also demonstrated that the GMA flux behaved differently inside the room, as apposed to outside, in nature. Simple changes made a big difference for me personally. Incorporating a semi-Faraday environment proved to be beneficial for 'my epileptic characteristics'.

It seems logical to me, and the studies tend to confirm my own hypothesis, that when certain environmental conditions were met within the room, and because I have a low electrical threshold, my brainwaves may have been entraining (getting in sync) to theta frequencies or some other frequencies other than delta, interrupting or/or preventing me from completing all the necessary stages of sleep which regulate vital hormones. Over the last couple of years my sleeping patterns have improved significantly, although that doesn't mean I won't have a restless night every now and then. Am I experiencing a placebo effect? Maybe. If so, I welcome its effects, lol.

As the GMA/EM castle study noted, consistent theta frequencies were measured around the pillow area of the bed. The frequencies measured higher everywhere else. Theta is a dreamy stage just before sleep and upon awakening. The study said that the guest had been exposed to those frequencies for a good bit of time over night, long enough to experience a frequency following response (FFR), brainwave entrainment. I think it's highly likely that this phenomena is more common than we may realize. As you saw in the video I shared via PM, neuroscientists discovered that it was infrasound frequencies being emitted from the radio clock that caused night terrors in the child. When the clock was removed from the child's night table (next to the brain), the night terrors disappeared completely, and didn't return. Incidentally, it's been discovered that a tiger's roar has frequencies measured around 19 Hz, and has been dubbed 'the fear frequency'. It is believed to induce fear and shock and sometimes temporary paralysis in its prey.

You said:
It's interesting though that all sorts of things can affect melatonin production EMF-wise, which ultimately ends up affecting other organs. My immunoglobulins when tested have always been dangerously low.

Thank you for posting that article "Electromagnetic Radiation and Epilepsy. It was very informative, with quite a few studies.

The researcher notes:
"It may will be that directly induced currents and consequent electrical interference are a primary cause of epileptic seizures in some people, especially where the frequency of the imposed signal corresponds to trigger frequencies for the individual's epileptic characteristics.

In the case of epilepsy, once it was realized that light-pulse frequencies from flashbulbs, Disco strobes, TV & video games could induce seizures, this was accepted, warnings made mandatory, and advise given.

We now know better why the effects occur, and in particular that frequency is a central factor."

Vic Tandy, an engineer, and a lecturer at Coventry University, was working late one night alone in a laboratory. He started to feel a sense of anxiety come over him for no known reason, and began to sweat. He felt sick to his stomach and saw movement, a grey figure, from his peripheral vision. When he turned his head, nothing was there. The hairs raised on his body. He did not have a superstitious nature but was disturbed by the experience and left the lab earlier than planned that night.

The following day, in the same lab, Tandy was working on his fencing foil, with the handle held in a vise. He noticed that the blade was vibrating wildly, even though nothing appeared to be coming in contact with it. Further investigation led him to discover that a faulty extractor fan in the lab was emitting a frequency of 18.98 Hz (infrasound), very close to the resonant frequency of the eye at 18 HZ. The room was exactly half a wavelength in length, and the desk was in the center, a standing wave which caused the vibration of the foil, and his physical symptoms.

Here's an interesting study:

Infrasonic 17 Hz tone experiment

"On May 31, 2003, a team of UK researchers held a mass experiment where they exposed some 700 people to music laced with soft 17 Hz sine waves played at a level described as "near the edge of hearing", produced by an extra-long-stroke subwoofer mounted two-thirds of the way from the end of a seven-meter-long plastic sewer pipe. The experimental concert (entitled Infrasonic) took place in the Purcell Room over the course of two performances, each consisting of four musical pieces.

Two of the pieces in each concert had 17 Hz tones played underneath. In the second concert, the pieces that were to carry a 17 Hz undertone were swapped so that test results would not focus on any specific musical piece. The participants were not told which pieces included the low-level 17 Hz near-infrasonic tone.

--->The presence of the tone resulted in a significant number (22%) of respondents reporting anxiety, uneasiness, extreme sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear, chills down the spine and feelings of pressure on the chest.

In presenting the evidence to British Association for the Advancement of Science, Professor Richard Wiseman said, "These results suggest that low frequency sound can cause people to have unusual experiences even though they cannot consciously detect infrasound."

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound

Last edited:
We had an M-class solar flare two days ago.

My dog woke me up this morning at 5:15 (40 minutes ago) with his first seizure of the day.

I've given him something called "Calm and Relax", an herbal supplement, and also some Breyer's plain vanilla ice cream (the kind that's as chemical-free as possible) with a few drops of the Calm & Relax on it, so as to make sure he actually got some.

Right now he's still pacing around the house.

Last time we had an M-class solar flare, June 7, he just had one episode, on June 9 -- also at about 5 a.m. So maybe this will be the only one this time too.

At least I kinda knew it was coming...and had no weekend plans...and did all my "work" work and grocery shopping "just in case" yesterday.

I'm really amazed, actually!

I do not have epilepsy, but in the past have noticed that when Drake gets seizures, usually for the few hours prior to his seizures (usually they're later in the day and I've been up for a few hours) I'm what I call "feeling multi-dimensional." I'll start to pay the bills, get distracted and go start the laundry, get distracted and go get the dishes started, get distracted and go turn on the radio, get distracted and start making the bed, get distracted and ... on and on (you get the idea).... It got so weird one weekend that it was already early afternoon, a bill was due to be paid by 4 pm online that day, I'd started and not finished about 15 different things, and I actually had to make a list and check off things as I did them: eat something; take a shower; walk Drake; pay bill ... LOL! Making a list helped. I'm usually not THAT scattered. But at those times it will take me *all day* of starting one thing, then the next, until I go back and finish everything I started.

I don't feel that way this morning. (Yet.)

I did notice a mild headache coming on yesterday, and it didn't develop into anything; I've been a migraine experiencer in the past. Right now I'm feeling some pressure in my sinus area. (I don't have any kind of allergies or sinus problems.) My eyes feel pressure, like they're tight. Slight stomach ache. In general my body feels extra-sensitive, a bit on edge, maybe? On edge for no real reason I can identify. I think I slept very lightly last night. I was already kind of awake when Drake walked around the bed, and his dog tags started shaking, and I knew it wasn't because he was scratching himself -- and then he fell and started seizing.

As far as the sleeping problems some of you have mentioned having, from some of the channelers I listen to, it sounds like humanity is evolving its sleep patterns. No longer will we be sleeping a solid 8 hours at night. What we're evolving into (for some, at least) sounds like you go to bed, sleep maybe 3 hours, then you're up and awake for an hour or two -- and it's important in that hour or two that you're up, to spend time doing something positive and creative, and not worry about taxes, or bills, or things that make you worry; these waking times at night are the times that you're actually *creating* your life, so be careful what your mind dwells on -- and then you can go back to sleep for maybe another three hours.

I, too, have noticed lately that I want to stay up until 1 or 2 am and get up at 6 or 7 and go on with my day. I'm lucky that I can make my own hours for the most part, but still I think it's bizarre that what I want to do is stay home and play around until about noon, then go to my office, stay till about 10 at night, then stay up until 1 or 2 am. And I can take my dog to work with me, too!

I found this blog page about solar flares & ice-pick pains: https: //deniselefay .wordpress. com / tag / solar-flare-energies-and-physical-pain/

Oh, update. Going to spaceweather . com a few minutes ago, I noticed that we *just* had a really big M-class solar flare. The one late on June 27 was a 1.1 magnitude; today's was a 9.3 magnitude, but still M-class. We should be feeling the (mega) effects of this one by Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:
another coincidence

I posted another thread about a period I've been experiencing over the past day
at central time 7:00pm apparently Sunspot AR1261 occurred which was an 8 or 9 solar Richter scale whatever
almost into X range something yadda yadda
my weirdiod began maybe about 3... a couple hours prior to the actual sunspot

I wonder if there's an ebb of particle matter in space prior to solar events, like the receding beach prior to major solar activity
or if the earth experiences such a pull-arity
just curious

I'm interested in this type of thing but I'm skeptical- but would love to see if there was a true relation

a couple more notches down on the ozone layer and the rest of the world can maybe get to see what epilepsy is like
suck on that non-Eps
global-wide status epilepticus during the daytime hours, for every person on earth- huh

Seizures so far:
yesterday, 5:15 - 2
10:20 - 2
2:44 - 1
6:34 - 1
7:40 - 2
9:30 - 3
12:05 am - 3
2:30 - 2
4:40 - 2
11:20 - 1 or 2

I've managed about an hour of sleep between 4:40 and 7, and another hour between 8 and 9:30. He was pacing the house all last night with diarrhea. Cleaned that up probably 10 times. Thank goodness for a washer & dryer in my house that work, between towels for cleaning up the urine, bath towels, rugs he pees & poops on...

Due for another one here in the next half hour or so, if he continues...hoping they'll taper off soon. But the last time we had a "real" X-class solar flare, he seized for 3 days straight like this. Yesterday we had an all-but X-class.

Seizures so far:
yesterday, 5:15 - 2
12:05 am - 3

I've managed about an hour of sleep between 4:40 and 7, and another hour between 8 and 9:30. He was pacing the house all last night with diarrhea. Cleaned that up probably 10 times. Thank goodness for a washer & dryer in my house that work, between towels for cleaning up the urine, bath towels, rugs he pees & poops on...

Due for another one here in the next half hour or so, if he continues...hoping they'll taper off soon. But the last time we had a "real" X-class solar flare, he seized for 3 days straight like this. Yesterday we had an all-but X-class.

wow - God bless the both of you -
hearing of those coping with seizures this severe makes me feel a bit like a pathetic novice, until I have seizure episodes, at which point I couldn't give a s*** about the entire universe, because it has disappeared from reality
but you'll be in my prayers

>>>edit by the way
in spite of hardships for the both of you - you do make a compelling support for the solar/geomagnetic study :)

Last edited:
Seizures so far:
Saturday, July 30, 5:15 am - 2
Sunday, July 31, 12:05 am - 3
2:33 - 2
5:56 - 2
9:27 - 2 (short)
Monday, August 1, 1:25 am - 2 short
6:00 - 1

And that was the last one. I was really wondering whether these back-to-back M-class solar flares would keep us going for another 2 or 3 days beyond today (dreading that prospect) and so far, it looks like we're done for now.

I took him to the office with me tonight (I can take him to my office with me every day I go to work) to check messages, catch up on a couple of little things, see how it would go, and the only thing that I'll have to watch for when I take him to work tomorrow when I have *real* stuff to do is make sure to walk him frequently. He still doesn't quite know me yet, is still remembering commands, forgot where the door of our office is, didn't eat his kid-sized McDonald's ice cream cone "the usual way" (gulp, and it's gone) (tonight he actually *licked* the ice cream!), still doesn't have complete control of bowel & bladder function, and now with all of those diarrhea episodes he's bleeding some (but no worries; vet says this is normal with dogs). Frustrating, though; lately when we go for walks, he "walks." He forgets he's a big strong boy dog who is used to marking every.single.tree.in.the.world. He even ignores cats! WTF! (LOL.)

I remember when I first brought him home with me when he was 8 weeks old. I was interested in watching him; sometimes he'd be looking at me, and sometimes he was looking at *something else* in the room, or *someone else* I couldn't see. After a while I didn't notice him doing that anymore, and promptly forgot that he did that when he was a baby dog. But when the seizures started in November '08, that was the first "sign" I had that something was about to happen: he'd start looking at "something that wasn't there". What was it?

Now, you guys on this message board don't know me all that well because I'm new here, but I enjoy channeling and psychics and folks like that. My best friends are psychics! I've learned a lot from them. Long story short, with all of his seizures over the last few days, I thought of calling a friend of mine to see if she could "tune in" to him and tell me what he was seeing.

I'd been noticing that in this seizure-episode-time-frame that he was sometimes looking at me, but oftentimes looking at something else -- very focused in on something else. What was it? Do I have ghosts here? Is he seeing "other dimensions?" What?

And during our conversation, he went to the dryer -- this is another weird thing he does while in a seizure episode -- and just stood there in front of the dryer. Was it shiny and he's looking at his reflection? What? He was doing that with the window air conditioners, too. What's going on?

So she communicated with him / whatever it is she does as a psychic with him, and said he's tuning into the vibrations. What he sees when he goes into a seizure is something like a tunnel, with bright rainbow colors, and he sees and senses a different vibration there. With the dryer, it's "kinda" like with the seizures; he's sensing the vibration. And with the air conditioners, too, same thing; it's the vibration.

Which made me think, eventually, about a family I'd been working with in my profession as a facilitator of family team meetings. Very long story short, an adoptive family with their new autistic little boy has discovered that if they keep their home peaceful and quiet and gentle and loving, he does so much better; if the "energy" or the "vibration" of their relationship is off -- if they're having an argument, for example, even if he doesn't "know" about it, he "feels" it, and he has a really hard time, and they KNOW it by his actions. So they've learned by trial and error to keep things smooth and gentle at home with him. Most of his "learning disabilities," "bad behaviors," "problem attitudes," etc. are gone now. His "bio parents" had what I'd describe as a very jagged relationship. Just couldn't get it together (through no fault of their own) and signed away their parental rights for their two autistic boys.

So...my dog is very sensitive to the vibration. What he's been seeing and sensing is vibration. He's very attuned to vibration.

Not sure where I'm going with this, or if I'm going anywhere in particular...just thought the connection was interesting. Maybe it'll serve to connect the dots for someone else who reads this.

He's getting back to normal kind of miraculously fast, and maybe I can get some sleep tonight! That would be novel!

Seizures so far:

And that was the last one. I was really wondering whether these back-to-back M-class solar flares would keep us going for another 2 or 3 days beyond today (dreading that prospect) and so far, it looks like we're done for now.

Hi IndianaSmith, thank you for posting about your dog. I'm really sorry to read about what you and your dog have been going through lately. According to your last records, your dog had 22 seizures in 2 to 3 days. Because I don't know the full dynamics of your situation, I can only assess by what you have posted, so I hope that I don't come across as too assuming. I am not an expert, and this area regarding bio interactions with solar events & man-made EM fields have pretty much been uncharted territory in mainstream science and medicine until relatively recently. In your situation, I just think it might be beneficial to explore other variables that may also be contributing to his seizure activity. I don't believe there is just one cause, but rather a combination of actions, interactions and reactions. I don't see how your dog can continue to have seizure activity at this frequency and not have dire physical ramifications, long term. Is he on any meds?

He still doesn't quite know me yet, is still remembering commands, forgot where the door of our office is, didn't eat his kid-sized McDonald's ice cream cone "the usual way" (gulp, and it's gone) (tonight he actually *licked* the ice cream!), still doesn't have complete control of bowel & bladder function, and now with all of those diarrhea episodes he's bleeding some (but no worries; vet says this is normal with dogs). Frustrating, though; lately when we go for walks, he "walks."

May I ask how often you give your dog McDonald's ice cream cones? Sugar and products that contain lactose can be a trigger for those with seizure disorders. I don't have a dog now, but use too. I was always advised by vets in the past to not give sugar to my dogs. You mentioned the word 'the usual way', as if this is a common practice.

I'm also concerned about the feedback from your vet. No worries? It doesn't seem normal to me based on the frequency of seizures and bouts of diarrhea he's had this past week. You sounded like you had your hands full with cleaning up a lot after him. If he hasn't had much appetite for the things he loves, is he drinking enough water, especially during this time? Dehydration can also trigger seizure activity.

Perhaps you are use to the routine and frequency of these seizures, but every time your dog has a seizure, there is potentially more damage done to his body, so it's key to get them under control. How long has this been going on?

IMO, I don't think these last solar events were the main contributors to the severity and frequency of your dog's seizure activity. It may have been exacerbating his conditions because he is so sensitive to frequencies, but these last events only had a minor effect on our atmosphere, with no CME produced. According to NOAA, the last activity was not geoeffective (earth directed). The GMA was quiet to unsettled for the most part, and there was not enough disturbance in the atmosphere to cause the auroras to move further south. The further south the auroras move, the greater the effect globally. With that being said, G1 events can cause fluctuations (surges) in the power grids that can also come into your home, so that is something worth noting. Because your dog is so sensitive to his environment, I wouldn't rule out EM fluxes in your home during this time, especially at night. The stronger the event the greater potential for damage and interference with technology, etc.

So...my dog is very sensitive to the vibration. What he's been seeing and sensing is vibration. He's very attuned to vibration.

It does seem apparent. Animals are much more in tune with the surrounding energy fields, and in fact, Petox1970 posted a great article in another thread about birds being able to see the earth's magnetic fields. That's pretty cool. When wild animals sense infrasound caused by seismic activity or earthquakes, they run in the opposite direction of the sine waves being emitted, in fear. This may explain why there were so few deaths among wild animals during the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunamis in 2004. Many observed the wild animals moving to higher ground before the tsunamis was even seen. They may have not been aware that an earthquake happened, but the infrasound frequencies evoked fear, as the studies have shown.

Your dog could be sensing the electrical fluxes on grids that create surges, and can affect the magnetic field inside your home, especially during the night. This is very possible, but I also feel that there may be other variables involved contributing to your dogs seizure activity. It could be a dose/response relationship causing him to get worse over time.

Have you checked your house for mycotoxins (molds), which can be common in homes? Do you live in a moist climate?

Does your dog act strange when there are lightening storms? Nervous, anxious?

Is your dog on a special diet? What does he eat?

Is the main ingredient in your dog's diet, corn, or listed in the top 3 on label?

Do you live in a seismically active area or live in a more northern climate?

Does he sleep close to outlets or appliances that are in use?

Do you keep your computer on all the time?

Do you watch TV in the dark at night, and if so, is your dog in the room during this time?

Do you use a lot of power strips or extension cords which can chop up the 120V power source, causing extremely high frequencies? Smaller dogs are more sensitive to higher frequencies than larger dogs.

Has the power company installed a Smart Meter on your house?

Have you checked how many Microwave masts/antenna's are in your area, and are you close to any?

Do you have WiFi in your home? If so, do you turn it off at night while sleeping?

In my city, we have a population of around 250 thousand. As of July, 2011, according to the FCC, there are at least 147, 482 antenna structures (towers-masts-roof antenna) in my city. They can be found in almost every neighborhood. The FCC does not require every antenna structure to be registered according to CellReception.com so there could be more in my city. There have been numerous physical and emotional complaints reported to physicians after microwave masts and antennas were installed close by.

He's getting back to normal kind of miraculously fast, and maybe I can get some sleep tonight! That would be novel!

He's a lucky dog to have someone who cares for him as you do. I'm happy to read that he's feeling better. Hope you can get some rest now.

Btw, I thought that was an awesome read about the child improving when his environmental conditions improved. Less stress or rather fewer 'negative vibes' ;) . There are quite a few studies that show that a child's environment is absolutely key to brain development and social interaction. I appreciate you sharing. =)

Last edited:
Just thought I'd give everybody a head's up...things are really broiling on the sun the last several days. A bunch of x-rays, Type II, IV, and 10cm radio events just today.

Check out August 2 and 3, 2011, on the Space Weather Archives:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

Check out August 3, 2011 on the Space Weather Sunspot Page:
http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=03&month=08&year=2011

On another note, I actually slept really good one night this week - Monday night (August 1, 2011 into August 2, 2011) - which is a rare event for me. By 'good' I mean that I was not tossing and turning all night, waking up to go to the bathroom, sweating, etc... In fact, I didn't wake up until noon on Tuesday and felt relaxed when I woke up and most of the day (also a rare for me)! I wasn't clenching my teeth much that day either!

Apparently there was a long duration M1-class solar flare early that morning (August 2, 2011), and also a CME associated with that flare. And 2 of 3 sunspots harbored 'beta-delta-gamma' magnetic fields, though I don't really think that these events alone were responsible for my 'good night's sleep', since I often sleep lousy, regardless of M class flares and CMEs...

http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=02&month=08&year=2011

What I believe was responsible was the increase in proton flux on August 2, 2011. Scroll to the Satellite Environment Graph and take note of the way the red line was climbing in the 'Proton Flux' graph for maybe 10 or 12 hours beginning some time in the morning hours of August 2, 2011. Just remember that these charts are in 'universal time', so it looks like the proton flux didn't begin until later in the day on August 2nd, when in all actuality it had begun in the morning hours...

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today2.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wonder if there's an ebb of particle matter in space prior to solar events, like the receding beach prior to major solar activity
or if the earth experiences such a pull-arity
just curious

In the case of geomagnetic 'K-storms', a CME (coronal mass ejection) is 'en route' per say, and the solar wind speed is what will determine its time of arrival (and the onset of that K-storm).

In the case of solar flares...

The Classification of X-ray Solar Flares
http://spaceweather.com/glossary/flareclasses.html

A solar flare is an explosion on the Sun that happens when energy stored in twisted magnetic fields (usually above sunspots) is suddenly released.

...so I imagine there is a change in the atmosphere surrounding the sun (and likely affecting the earth's geomagnetic field) just prior to a solar flare or other event. In fact, many of my seizures occured just prior to an event. Also, whenever there are 'magnetic filaments' on the solar surface getting ready to 'snap', I can feel them days before Space Weather even mentions them. Often times Space Weather won't even mention them until they snap, though sometimes they will.

Is he on any meds?
Phenobarb, 2 times a day.

May I ask how often you give your dog McDonald's ice cream cones?
Lately, maybe 3 or 4 a week. (They're about two inches tall, top to bottom.) A pet epilepsy website I read suggested that dogs' brains get "hot" during a seizure cluster, and to give the dogs plain vanilla Breyer's ice cream, with the least amount of chemicals possible. That would address two concerns: the heat buildup in the brain, and possible hypoglycemia that could also maybe be a trigger.

I'm also concerned about the feedback from your vet. No worries?
I fed him brown rice and either beef or chicken cooked in the crockpot, and his diarrhea is already back to normal.

You sounded like you had your hands full with cleaning up a lot after him.
Man, oh, man!

is he drinking enough water, especially during this time?
Oh my yes. Peeing in the house was an issue too. As the seizures dissipated, I was having to take him outside and get him used to peeing outside again, about once an hour. Just about all I *did* was care for him, over the weekend. He's still eating like a horse and drinking lots of water -- this is his normal post-seizure behavior.

How long has this been going on?
Started in November 2008, once a month, ONLY when I listened to channeling, and for a good 6-8 months he'd have three in 24 hours, and then we'd be done and that'd be it, until I listened to channeling about a month later; then he'd have more seizures. I wasn't connecting the dots right away. After a while he started having more, and more, and after about a day and a half one time when he had maybe 9 or 10 and was completely not recognizing anything, that's when I took him to the vet and she put him on phenobarb, twice a day. Now we can listen to channeling and it doesn't bother him; solar flares seem to be the new trigger.

IMO, I don't think these last solar events were the main contributors to the severity and frequency of your dog's seizure activity.
Dunno. I see the connection.

Have you checked your house for mycotoxins (molds), which can be common in homes? Do you live in a moist climate?
Not a moist climate. Nebraska. No mold in the house.

Does your dog act strange when there are lightening storms? Nervous, anxious?
Nope. He's a bird dog. He's bred to not startle when a gun is fired right next to him, and lightning storms he sleeps right through.

Is your dog on a special diet? What does he eat?
I took him off all processed foods, any dog food in bags, and all treats except basically something like jerkey that's "all meat" and no preservatives. I check for BHA/BHT and he gets nothing with that in it anymore. He eats what I cook for him, which switches back and forth between chicken and brown rice, and veggies when he's not having diarrhea, and beef and brown rice and veggies. Lately with the seizures he's been ravenous; I do leave out dry dog food for him "just in case," and he's been devouring that too.

Is the main ingredient in your dog's diet, corn, or listed in the top 3 on label?
Nope.

Do you live in a seismically active area or live in a more northern climate?Nope.

Does he sleep close to outlets or appliances that are in use?
He roams around the house. Sometimes he's on the bed with me, sometimes on the floor next to an outlet, sometimes I have no clue where he sleeps because I'm asleep. The only electrical thing I have in my bedroom is a clock radio, across the room from my bed; I have to get up to turn off the alarm.

Do you keep your computer on all the time?
Pretty much. It's in the next room, in the office.

Do you watch TV in the dark at night, and if so, is your dog in the room during this time?
No. I'd say the TV is on about an hour a day, if at all.

Do you use a lot of power strips or extension cords which can chop up the 120V power source, causing extremely high frequencies?
One power strip by the TV in the living room, two in the office.

Smaller dogs are more sensitive to higher frequencies than larger dogs.
He's 40 lb.

Has the power company installed a Smart Meter on your house?
I live on a reservation in northeast Nebraska. No.

Have you checked how many Microwave masts/antenna's are in your area, and are you close to any?
No idea. Probably not. Cellphone reception on the rez where I live is pretty non-existent.

Do you have WiFi in your home? If so, do you turn it off at night while sleeping?
I do have WiFi, and I do not turn it off at night.

Hope you can get some rest now.
We're just getting there.

Btw, I thought that was an awesome read about the child improving when his environmental conditions improved. Less stress or rather fewer 'negative vibes' ;) . There are quite a few studies that show that a child's environment is absolutely key to brain development and social interaction. I appreciate you sharing. =)

One odd little thing I noticed last night...in my office I facilitate native family team meetings. I noticed him going to the cabinet where I keep a handmade talking stick (wooden stick carved by a Cherokee man, has two faces carved into it, and a snake outline carved in the back) and staring at the place where I keep the talking stick wrapped in red cloth and bundled up with sage. A talking stick is traditionally used when you have a meeting going where you want each person to be able to "have the floor" and speak while holding the talking stick; others listen while the speaker holds the stick. He has no way of knowing what's there in the cabinet since I *have* it here in case I need it, and have never used it during a meeting here, going on four years now. And did I mention seeing him staring at the dryer and the air conditioners a couple of days ago? He was looking at the "area" of the talking stick in the same way. Dang, I wonder what he was seeing. Vibrations? Does the talking stick have vibrations? :ponder: I'd never pondered that before. Also caught him earlier today sprawled in front of the dryer, with his nose pointed toward the dryer, staring at the dryer, which was running. He's never done these things until this latest set of seizures.

One more thing I wanted to post, the latest from spaceweather . com:

spaceweather said:
Space Weather News for August 3, 2011
http: // spaceweather. com

MINOR STORM WARNING: On August 2nd, the sun hurled a cloud of plasma (CME) toward Earth when magnetic fields above sunspot 1261 erupted. Analysts expect the CME to arrive during the early hours of August 5th, possibly sparking geomagnetic storms around the poles. This is not a big event; the eruption that propelled the cloud in our direction registered only "M1" (for medium) on the Richter Scale of Flares. Nevertheless, sky watchers at high latitudes should be alert for auroras. Movies of the eruption and 3D models of the incoming cloud are featured on today's edition of http : // spaceweather. com.

Last edited:
Hey there IndianaSmith,

I appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions and with such detail. I'm still digesting your post. It's obvious you've done your homework with regard to your big boy and his seizure disorder. Way to go with the diet too. I'm curious to find out if he would be drawn to the dryer if it was unplugged. I wonder if he's sensing the electrical field from the dryer area. Highly possible given the fact that he has a low electrical threshold due to his epilepsy. If it's plugged in, even though the appliance is not in use, still emits an electromagnetic field. Low frequency electric and magnetic fields have been shown to induce weak electric currents in humans and animals. The cells in our brain and body uses oscillating ion currents for the control of release of neurotransmitters and in the cell to cell communication systems. Our cells, especially neurons, contain magnetite (highly magnetic). He could also be entraining to the frequencies being emitted around that area if he's there for any length of time, particularly when he's still, which you indicated.

There exists no definite boarder between the electromagnetic fields maintained by the body's metabolism and those that exist in the environment. Cells are electrical systems sensitive to their electromagnetic milieus, cell membranes are capacitors. Cell tissue are transversed by alternating and direct currents.

Biological systems detect and respond to external ULF/ELF signals using their built-in receiving and decoding systems. ELF signals induce alterations in the calcium ion signals that in turn send signals to the pineal that alters the melatonin/serotonin balance. This is transferred to the body organs through the CNS (central nervous system) and hormone/enzyme/ion cellular signaling system.

In addition, the ELF signal systems in cells, also involve calcium ions, can be directly interfered with by external ELF signals of extremely low intensity through non-equilibrium resonant absorption processes at the cell membrane. Source: "Cross Currents and The Body Electric" Robert O. Becker, M. D.

I'll post some EMF/ELF and human interaction diagrams in another post. Wanted to focus on a recent development. There was a M9.3 event overnight.

solarflare3-1.jpg

STRONG SOLAR ACTIVITY: For the third day in a row, active sunspot AR 11261 has unleashed a strong M-class solar flare. The latest blast at 0357 UT on August 4th registered M9.3 on the Richter Scale of Flares, almost crossing the threshold into X-territory (X-flares are the most powerful kind). The number of energetic protons around Earth has jumped nearly 100-fold as a result of this event.

INCOMING CLOUDS: At least two coronal mass ejections (CMEs) are now en route to Earth, propelled toward us by eruptions in the magnetic canopy of sunspot 1261 on August 2nd and 3rd. Analysts at the GSFC Space Weather Lab have just produced a new 3-D model of the advancing CMEs.

According to the model, Earth's magnetic field will receive a double-strike from the clouds on August 4th at 22:39 UT. Mild to moderate geomagnetic storms are possible when the CMEs arrive.

Video showing the events: [ame]http://youtu.be/wdBtrDm48j0[/ame]

Geomagnetic Storms: Probabilities for significant disturbances in Earth's magnetic field.

August 3rd space weather predicted the field to be mostly quiet, but the next couple of days deem worth watching. Still waiting for SWPC's predition for today, as it hasn't been updated yet...usually in the afternoon. http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/forecast.html This is a big event and close to a X1, but not as strong as the one we had on Feb.15, which came on the heals of a M6.6 CME on Feb. 13th. Did anyone record in their seizure diary the week of Feb. 15th? I had a strong seizure that week myself. "Active region 1158 let loose with an X2.2 flare late on February 15, the largest flare since Dec. 2006 and the biggest flare so far in Solar Cycle 24." http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News021411-xclass.html

IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is likely to remain
moderate to high for the next three days (04-06 Aug) under the
continued threat of a major event. Regions 1261 and 1263 are most
likely to produce activity." http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/forecast.html

This is a time to be aware of possible EM fluxes within the home, and especially a good time to record any physiological or psychological changes. Clinical studies have shown a significant correlation between solar activity/GMA disturbances and psychological and physiological changes especially for those with a low electrical threshold.

Geomagnetic Flux

declinationgeographicchanges.gif

finaleffects.jpg

Last edited:
...so I imagine there is a change in the atmosphere surrounding the sun (and likely affecting the earth's geomagnetic field) just prior to a solar flare or other event. In fact, many of my seizures occured just prior to an event. Also, whenever there are 'magnetic filaments' on the solar surface getting ready to 'snap', I can feel them days before Space Weather even mentions them. Often times Space Weather won't even mention them until they snap, though sometimes they will.

Wow..just prior? I sure hope you are keeping good records here. This may also explain why IndianaSmith's dog has experienced similar effects, although I still wouldn't rule out other possible causes that may coincide. He definitely seems to have a very low electrical threshold to be having so many cluster seizures.

The initial effects from the Feb 17 storm:

"There were immediate (within 8 minutes — the speed of light) effects on radio communication and GPS systems right as this flare occurred," said Phil Chamberlin, deputy project scientist for NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which recorded a video of the Valentine's Day flare as it erupted.

Alerts are sent out to electrical power grid companies, airlines, GPS, military, ocean shipping routes, just to name a few industries that may be affected by the impacts of a solar flare and associated coronal mass ejection (CME) like the one we just had," Chamberlin told Space.com. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41651732/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/mega-solar-flare-disrupts-communications-gps/#.TjrUgoJCJCg

We didn't hear much about the disruptions because, apparently, China's communication technologies were affected the most from the storm, according to the records.

pic03_02.jpg

Microelectronics
Investigations have shown that particle showers from solar storms radiation can affect the performance of digital microelectronics systems causing increases in "soft errors" based on altitude as well as geomagnetic latitude and longitude. The effects on micro and nanoscale electronic components are not fully understood. These soft errors are generally spontaneous and nonreproducible and can lead to unexplained computational errors in computer performance.

Electronics used in harsher space environment is susceptible to two kinds of radiation effects. Cumulative effects are gradual changes that degrade the performance of digital microcircuits over time. Single-event effects (SEEs) result in destructive or nondestructive effect. Non-destructive effects are spontaneous circuit level effects that can result in loss of data or control. Destructive effects generally result in sudden failure of a device, which can be catastrophic in case of a critical application.

http://www.zurichna.com/internet/zna/SiteCollectionDocuments/en/media/SolarStorms.pdf

How can our brains and hearts not be affected? Studies done on seismic activity, volcanoes & earthquakes have also shown significant correlations with these types of solar events, so why not the human body?

eqf3.jpg

Solar wind triggering of geomagnetic disturbances and strong M>6.8 earthquakes
during the November - December 2004 period

Cornell University - arXiv.org > physics > arXiv:1012.3585
G. Anagnostopoulos, A. Papandreou, P. Antoniou
(Submitted on 16 Dec 2010)​

More: http://arxiv.org/abs/1012.3585

Epileptic Seizures Strike Much Like Earthquakes

Epileptic seizures can erupt when neurons fire excessively in a sudden burst of energy in the brain. It is not unlike what happens in earthquakes, where shifting tectonic plates send waves of energy through the crust. The similarity, scientists now say, is more than metaphor: Techniques developed for predicting earthquakes may someday be used to warn patients that a brain seizure is on the way.

The insight comes from Ivan Osorio, a neurologist at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, who realized that both systems involve what he calls “relaxation phenomena,” in which energy accumulated over a long period of time is discharged. Working with a team of mathematicians and physicists, Osorio compared the timing and strength of epileptic seizures with equivalent measurements of earthquakes in Southern California. The researchers showed that epileptic seizures obeyed the Gutenberg-Richter law, which establishes the relationship between the amplitude of an earthquake on the Richter scale and the number of smaller quakes to follow. Seizures also followed Omori’s law, which predicts the frequency of an earthquake’s aftershocks.

Discovery of those relationships means that advances in earthquake prediction may one day trickle down to the arena of seizure prediction and, ultimately, even prevention. Researchers like Dante Chialvo, professor of physiology at Northwestern University in Chicago, caution that forecasting seizures may be years away and will be limited by the same major problem dogging earthquake prediction: figuring out exactly when the initial quake will strike.

--->Even so, Chialvo says, this new model of epilepsy could spawn improved seizure forecasting technologies, which would open many doors for treating the disorder.

Source: Discover Magazine http://discovermagazine.com/2008/apr/27-epileptic-seizures-strike-much-like-earthquakes

Back
Top Bottom