Sensory simple partial seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MAB

New
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced heat as part of a sensory simple partial seizure. I have felt really hot since yesterday afternoon. I don't have a fever. I am not experiencing the usual weakness/heaviness on the left side of my body or phantom odors. I fell like I am having a seizure as I have not been able to complete my paperwork properly since yesterday. I am mixing up names and words. I just feel so confused.I went home from work yesterday and went straight to bed. Woke up for an hour or so and went back to bed and slept until this morning. When I woke I was and am completely exhausted and still feeling hot. Sometimes my left hand is a little shaky.

Does this sound anything like a seizure? I'm also very teary like during and after a seizure. I have been having a lot of allergy problems, sneezing and burning, itchy eyes.

I've never experienced heat as a sensation, just the electric feeling and not being able to communicate- but my simples very quickly progress into generalised tonics.

Have you been taking any allergy meds? I'm pretty sure there are reports of antihistamines reacting badly with epilepsy, or containing things like pseudoephedrine which lower the seizure threshold level- maybe that could be the cause? Possibly combined with the heat as an allergic reaction?

Last edited:
Yes, I took allery meds, because I have been sneezing like crazy. Now my ears are buzzing like crzy and I smell cigarette/pipe smoke. I just took 1mg of ativan.

I checked last night- antihistamines are definitely on the NHS no-no list for people with epilepsy.

Without any more info, it seems likely they're to blame here for your different type of simples recently. It's also possible they're reacting badly with your AEDs as well- I'd check this out further, just to be sure if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom