The Sequel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've been needing to do something to keep my mind busy lately. Normally, I'd go for a run, but we're in a deep freeze, and I'm having a hard time leaving the comfort of my favorite blanket! ;) So, I decided to completely redo the video I had made a few years ago, and have put my heart and soul into this one.

Originally, the intention of the video was for my running blog, to explain how I'd gone from a girl who hated running, to regaining the independence and freedom I'd lost to epilepsy. Now, it's so much more to me; it's a celebration of life after 2 brain surgeries, and counting the days once again. I've gotten such a release from putting it together, and shed many tears in the process. Very cathartic.

Here it is, if you're interested!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2vCylE0lk

I took it more in the direction of trying to help inform, and education those unaware, or that hold the stigma. I do, however, think that everyone here can relate. My son brought it to school yesterday for his Media Class. :)

Thank you all for being part of my journey *and yes, I put the wrong year at the end. My brain is still not used to 2014... I date stamped it Jan 20, 2013.* :paperbag:

Last edited:
Thanks CQ! New profile pic? Or just new to my brain, today? :roflmao:
Nah it's not your brain, this is a new profile pic lol. I changed it just after Christmas while I was out at my parents place. I couldn't be bothered trying to find the old pic I had so went for this Goofy pic (also thought it was time for a change) lol.

awww my sweet girl, have been waiting for this for awhile, yay!
as it was your first vid (when i had no idea who you were) that gave me the strength for brain surgery i can't wait to see this!
at the moment am not able to look as i know i will bawl as much as the first one, and am at work. a few hours ago i was plowed in the face by a co-worker i do not know. this company has been so supportive of the surg and my needs, but from her, in the public eye, got talked down to about 'apparently' forgetting to tell the parents at this clinic something important.
however, it's one piece of important info i have been adamant with myself to do, so am sure i didn't forget, added to the fact that on my 15-minute break someone else was covering; she's semi-retired and much older it easily could have been her.
am hugged by a close friend here who said to just forget it, i did nothing wrong and we all DO NOT talk to our co-workers like that.
however, before i even started my lunch i was in the bathroom bawling. day 170 seizure-free and i feel strong, but as it was so out of left field the tears won't go away.
hence your vid haha, no damn way i can watch your amazing strength and how much i love you and get these eyes to dry!!

you're my girl, and i CAN'T WAIT to see your video. will get in touch tonight once i'm home and look at your 2nd masterpiece. you're the best mel, myself and cwe are lucky to have you... ms. day 273 seizure-free!!

:hugs:

Nah it's not your brain, this is a new profile pic lol.

Phew. While I wasn't worried... I had a pretty major brain fail today, so it wouldn't have surprised me. :p

So, qtown, even IF it was you that forgot something, who cares. It happens to people to even the smartest individuals. It wasn't right for that person to speak to you that way, and they clearly don't deserve your tears, or your emotion. Don't waste it on them. Keep :rock: Chin up. Love you!

Umm, maybe waiting on the video is a good idea ;) I was up to 11 people yesterday that told me it made them :crying: heehee

Umm, maybe waiting on the video is a good idea ;) I was up to 11 people yesterday that told me it made them :crying: heehee

well if it's anything like the first that's a for-sure. thanks mel, my strong soldier.

Darn it all, now my eyes are leaking...

i'm not speechless often friend, but from the time i pressed play lastnight to this very second i can't stop crying. that video is stunning mel, embraces all that we are and endure. as your first vid was what finalized my surgery decision, and now being EFFs, it's safe to say there are depths to these videos and your journey that go way deeper than most can understand.
i did stop bawling for a few seconds lastnight and burst out laughing - it 'dawned' on me that between us we have one full brain. we just keep getting better together girl! let's put my right side with your left and everybody watch out!
you know you're getting a novel-long email about all this later, but as i have to go i'll leave this with you. since october and watching you get ready for your epilepsy run i've been in awe, esp. you having a tshirt made! you're so cool! and how much that day in particular has meant to you in your recovery.
the day before you posted this i realized my awe for the magical 180 is now upon me... next friday jan. 31. so my smart young lady (haha i don't run, like at all), but being with you makes me feel like i've come so far, i want to celebrate that day, for both of us! whatcha got for ideas?

Awww, thank you, my sweet friend! Thank you so much for the kind words. While I made the videos as cheap therapy for me, I am glad that it can help you, and anyone else out there. That makes my heart overflow.

We kinda did have to run together... to the bank in the snow, and made it with one minute to spare before a potential disaster!!

Here's to our full :brain: :woot:
:roflmao:

I'll put my thinking cap on, and see what I can figure out for you next friday! :) I can't wait for your email, and I really hope that today is a better day for you. :hugs:

2ndchances

As you know the Irish have the gift of the gab, what can I say except thank you so very much. That is so beautiful and I love the title "Proof of Having a Brain" You deserve so much and more and I am delighted to see how much you have in front of you. The video has brought tears to my eyes and I am so proud of you. Thank you for even thinking of me.

Thank you so much, Liam, that means a lot to me!! So, if I've left you and qtowngirl speechless, who will I talk to now? :D

:) always to me! at 274 days seizure free today mel, i am so damn proud of you.

2ndchances

One thing is for definite there will always be qtowngirl no matter what for us and I will be there as well. I could not be more proud of two Ladies.

*heart swelling* awww thank you liam, you're the sweetest.

ps- mel, we gotta figure out a way to get to ireland ;)

Ireland, yes!! Have always wanted to GO! There, Australia, Scotland, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Costa Rica, and Fiji, Denmark.... umm, I'm forgetting a bunch. Guess I'd better start using my 3rd chance at life (2nd chance at brain surgery) to find a way to win the lottery!! :D You guys are the best!! This site has brought together some wonderful people, and for that, I'll always be thankful.

I've been to Ireland, but it SNOWED (a lot!) while was there. Just my rotten luck. So I think I qualify for a return trip. Maybe you guys will let me jump on the CWE caravan for part of the way? And I vote for adding these places: Iceland, Crete, New Zealand, the Azores, Easter Island, Hawaii, Madagascar... Looks like a cruise boat would come in handy...

Oooooh! I forgot New Zealand and Hawaii! And the other places sound awesome!! Yes, you need to come, too! The more the merrier! :D

You are more than welcome when you arrive, "did the doorbell ring, never heard a thing" :roflmao: Nakamova you were in Ireland and it SNOWED A LOT are you sure it was Ireland and not Iceland. Tell me the time and place you have a driver.

Back
Top Bottom