The Sequel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

:tup: to Liam's support, indeed.

Awwww <3 Thank you qtown, love you right back. I'm so happy to know it's had an impact. I learned something else on Friday that made my heart swell. I sent the updated link to my contact at Epilepsy Toronto. I first met her in the EMU; she goes there once a week to visit with patients. I'd told her about my video then, and begged me for the link, so I'd emailed it to her. Friday, I sent her the updated one, and she thanked me, letting me know she's still been sharing my old one with patients that are coming up to surgery, or just inspiration. Talk about pride, and validation my motivation for putting it together!!

Healing for me + helpful to others = priceless.

Re Coldplay... yes. :crying: I really REALLY worked hard to get the lyrics of 'I will try to fix you' to be playing while the pic of my neurologist and more specifically, my neurosurgeon were shown. I was changing things around have .5 seconds!! I found myself crying as I was putting it together, and still do, watching it. I'm sure I will for years to come.

Last edited:
:agree: you did sooooo well.

:hugs: we have so many big dates coming up girl, so proud of you.

folks this wednesday jan 29th is mel's 9 months since surgery and day 281 seizure-free!!!
as usual we share everything, including important/memorable dates. us meeting should be in the dictionary under 'fate.'

my jan 29th (2011)- the day of one my worst grand mals and the first one i'd ever had alone, was the seizure that began my journey to the epilepsy team that faced me with surgery.

jan 31st- my day 180 seizure-free, which excites me to no end b/c i was so proud of mel on her day 180; she ran the epilepsy triathlon and raised funds in october and at that time i couldn't fathom what 180 would feel like. always my hero.
i will be celebrating reaching my hero's milestone this friday... added to the 31st being the day i left my useless neuro and my doctor said 'that's it', referring you to an epileptologist and we're figuring this out for good. brain surg 2.5 years later, which i would never have gotten through without mel.
haha and thank you day 180 for being the same anniversary day i left my neuro (one of the best decisions i've ever made)... for being a friday!!!! will be a nice weekend :)

Last edited:
As I sat in my neurosurgeon's office last friday, he, his nurse practitioner and I all shook our heads in amazement that it's already been 9 months!! Wasn't it just yesterday that I couldn't sit up in the bed because of the pressure, and went to get those horrid staples removed... and emailed you complaining of the itchiness of the healing incision? Wow.

Your 6 months is soon to follow!! Fate, to be sure. The coincidences of dates is uncanny. Big :hugs: to you!!

uncanny, yes. i think the biggest date by far between us is august 31.

aug 31, 2003 i had the first grand mal in my life; was the first of two that led to an epilepsy diagnosis.... and was on mel's birthday.

:eek: i know had we known each other then it would have been a shitty bday gift, but still (shared dates don't always mean 'good').
there is no doubt you would have left your grand plans for turning 26 and spent the night with me :)

one decade later aug 31, 2013 was the first time we'd known each other on that day... and were getting each other through brain surgery recovery. incredible mel, EFF's for sure.

lol with just having part of my hippo taken out, did i remember to say happy birthday? ;)

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! I forgot about your grand mal and diagnosis on my birthday!
We would have celebrated big, for sure!! :D

Saw this today, and thought of everyone in the CWE family.
2v9t536.jpg

:woot: :clap: :rock: :piano: :hi5: :dancing: :adore:

...mel had her surgery 9 months ago TODAY!!! and still seizure-free!!!

HUGS and congrats to you my girl!!! love you, knew you could do it! your one year is just around the corner....

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!! I absolutely can't believe it's already been 9 months, and your 6 months is around the same corner!! :woot:
Thank you again! :D
:hugs:

I found the perfect way to celebrate my 9 month anniversary today!!!

Several weeks ago, Terron and I were walking somewhere, and while laughing, he said "I just feel like pushing you into the snow." With a straight face, I replied with "Not now, it's far too icy; I'd be worried about hitting my head."

Shocked, he said "You'd actually let me do that?" :ponder:

So, with recent soft snow, I actually asked HIM if today could be the day!! What a way to celebrate!! :D
o69zer.jpg

*don't know why the picture is sideways... still fun*

Happy 9 month Anniversary Mel, before you know it we will be celebrating your 1 year anniversary :woot:.

Good luck with the med decrease.

haha right on! oh terron what a sweetie. well for a few reasons now it will be a memorable day for you that's for sure.
hugs hun, you're so awesome ;)

Back
Top Bottom