Shaking sometimes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I notice that sometimes I'll shake, usually only in my hands. It's not big shakes just little ones.

It will happen when I'm filling out some type of paperwork that I want to make sure I get the answers right and put in the correct places. It also will happen when I'm nervous about something. Sometimes it will happen for no reason but it's very rarely that it will happen then.

I don't know if this could possibly be happening because of epilepsy, medicine or something else.

Does anyone else have this happen to them?

Very mild tremors? I think I've noticed this sometimes, usually when needing to do delicate stuff like roll up a cig or whatever, or soldering.

In fact I don't bother soldering intricate boards any more, coz I just can't do it now and keep wrecking them lol and I always used to be ok at it.

I've put it down to my meds, but wouldn't be surprised to learn it was part of the E/my brain damage.

It's definitely much more pronounced during stress.

Last edited:
Tremors (even little ones) are pretty much commonplace for me. It's really frustrating, especially if I'm writing music.

I don't know if this could possibly be happening because of epilepsy, medicine or something else.

Does anyone else have this happen to them?

I used to have this happen all the time. My drs. saw it and said it was due to the AEDs I was taking at the time.

Maybe it's due to the caffeine from coffee and the medication(s)?

Very mild tremors? I think I've noticed this sometimes, usually when needing to do delicate stuff like roll up a cig or whatever, or soldering.

In fact I don't bother soldering intricate boards any more, coz I just can't do it now and keep wrecking them lol and I always used to be ok at it.

I've put it down to my meds, but wouldn't be surprised to learn it was part of the E/my brain damage.

It's definitely much more pronounced during stress.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If I'm trying to do something that I need to make sure I'm putting my hands and fingers in the right places, especially when I need to have them in small places I'll shake. I'm typing this right now on my cell phone, which the letters are small, and I'm shaking a little. About a minute or two after I'm done the shaking will stop.

I notice it will happen other times when I'm not doing anything but I'm usually tired or stressed then.

Maybe it's due to the caffeine from coffee and the medication(s)?

I very rarely drink caffeine. When I do it's usually only a glass or two of soda when I'm in a restaurant. If I drink coffee it's always decaf because I like it very strong.

All the time. Sometimes I don't notice it until I hold my hand up to look at it, but other times, like when I am using them for something, I notice my right have starts shaking like crazy, kind of like when you are holding something heavy in an awkward position

It seems that the shaking is usually only in my right hand. I don't know if it's because I'm right handed and it's the one that I use to do just about everything with.

I'm left handed so that would be the case for mine, I always thought maybe it's coz my right hand if weaker n because it isn't used as much but who knows

Back
Top Bottom