Side Effects

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wally

New
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on ways to minimize the side effects from our medications? For example I have been learning to deal with Keppra for a few months now. Things go pretty well for the most part if I take it at the same time every day and never ever take it on an empty stomach. I also try drink alot of water. Anyone have any other suggestions that work with Keppra or any other meds?

When I was on Keppra, the Epi's Nurse suggested
I eat a banana and drink some juice and it worked
and besides it's good for you.

PS: Good to see you over here!

:)

I read somewhere that B6 will help lessen the psycho effects. I started taking the mens pack of vitamins from GNC again and it has helped.

Everyone tolerates AEDs differently. Many AEDs deplete the body of vitamins and I think it's a good idea to supplement the diet for those vitamins to compensate.

Welcome to the site!

I'm glad you're taking your meds with food. My dentist suggested I brush my teeth at least 2-3 times per day (I'm taking Dilantin though), as the medicine is hell on tooth enamel.

Good luck.

You should also use a water pick twice a day after brushing and flossing. That will protect your gums and teeth .

Riva

Opps,forgot a green drink would help you with all your esential vitamins that the
meds deplete such as green essence or greenedge you can get it at any health food
store . Or its even cheapier on line at www.vitacost.com
I get all my vitamins at that web site

Riva

im on dilantin it has pretty much ruined my teeth but when i feel it kicking in i start talking backwards i hate that lol so i dont say much so i dont feel foolish

Back
Top Bottom