singing crystal bowls

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

POSITIVEPERSON

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
I went to a class on singing crystal bowls, I was in bad shape the evening I went my absences szs were not letting up. After listening for 15 mins max and than getting a chance to play myself,my szs stopped. This was so bizarre,but the teacher was not at all surprised.

Five days before I went to a class on drumming and entered exhusted( I am getting over walking pneumonia) and left with energy and my left side stronger than it has been in 4 yrs.

Can I explain this not exactly but their are books and magazines on the healing effects of drumming,crystal singing bowls and rattles.

I am now going to be a regular at all these classes. Plus I bought myself a drum,( I left mine in NYC) and singing crystal bowl.

You have to experience it or see it to believe it. My husband didn't want me to go to the class, but the natupath Dr said it would be great for me.So despite the fact that I was having szs he took me. When he came to get me I was sz free. The teacher explained why. The next day he bought me a a singing crystal bowl.

Positive Person

When Stacy used to experience absense seizures, they always occurred when she was excited - not when she was relaxed. I'm guessing you found the experience relaxing?

I did a Yahoo search and found this out about singing bowls.

About Singing Bowl, they are widely used since from the ancinet times in Nepal,India and Tibet mostly by the buddhist monks for meditation ,religious ceremonial music, as praying bowls, as food bowls, as traditional musical instruments, now popular world wide using for meditation, sound therapy, sound massage, feng shui tools and as a tools for holistic healing from singing bowl sound.
The rich harmonic soothing sound, tones and vibration they produces harmonized energetic sound and vibration & helps to be calm and ralaxing.
Moreover,in this modern time, these singing bowls, bells, gongs, ting- sha are found in meditation halls, home use , medical cures, relaxation, used in feng shui, space clearing etc and these have been found using by doctors, sound therapists, sound massage experts, health practitioners, yoga practice as curing tools for activating higher brain function, calm the nervous system, clear and purify air, relaxation and soothing mind and balance our entire being.

http://www.thesingingbowls.com/

http://www.mountainvalleycenter.com/store/html/singing.htm Scroll down for more details.

http://www.dailyom.com/articles/2004/156.html

Thanks Birdbomb!!!
I wake up with absence szs on a bad day, my grand mal disappered months
ago. knock on wood.
When I went to the class I was hoping it would help and I had no idea how or why. I was expecting crystals in the room and a bunch of bowls. Not singing bowls made from crystals. Nor did I expect my absence szs to stop from the class.
But life is full of surprises!!!

I had no idea that tribal drumming can do healing and I went to that class and was totally surprised too.

I am happy with all my new info and classes I am trying. In conculsion all
I am trying to do is share it .

Positive Person

Back
Top Bottom