Sleep study results

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
As a reminder I had a sleep study done last Sunday. I got the results today and now things are starting to make sence. On average I stop breathing 33 times and hour. Which means I never really fall asleep and get a good restful nights sleep. Every time I stop breathing it disrupts my sleep cycle and then start over in that cycle and never really make it to REM sleep. So I am sleep deprived which of corse is a major trigger for me. Also a lack of oxygen to the brain.. another trigger. The list goes on and on. I have had seizures at night in the past but not for a number of years. My fist post on the sleep study I was dissapointed about having to use the CPAP. But now in a way I'm kinda looking forward to it. I will keep you posted.:pop:

Progress! Let us know if the CPAP makes you think and feel better throughout the day.

My husband has sleep apnea and has to wear the mask at night too. I can for sure tell when he gets a good nights sleep, compared to him not getting enough, or falling asleep without the mask on (but that doesnt last for long, due to his snoring that wakes me up). Sounds like good progress! Keep us updated!

Progress indeed! I had a friend who started wearing a CPAP and he couldn't believe how much better he felt once he started having real sleep. I guess you don't miss what you've never had. Here's hoping you feel FANTASTIC soon =)

My oldest son wears a mask, and feels tons better! On a serious note, a person can actually die from sleep apnea. We lost a friend this year to that. Best of luck to you!!

Back
Top Bottom