Slightly swollen ankles

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dignan

Stalwart
Reaction score
Question: When is slightly swollen ankles an actual problem (circulatory or otherwise)?

In my case, I exercise (running) three to 4 days a week and keep myself in shape, but my job often requires I sit for very long stretches. I try to get up periodically, but my job is deadline oriented and when we have a big project, I find my self sitting for 12 or 13 hours sometimes.

I've noticed when that happens my ankles seem slightly swollen. Given what I have described and my otherwise decent fitness level, does this sound like a problem, or just normal from sitting too long. If I have a normal work day, I generally don't notice the swelling.

I know this isn't a seizure question, but I'm curious if this is something I should be concerned about.

It could just be water retention from sitting too long, depending on what meds you are taking. If you have diabetes, that could be a symptom of neuropathy. If this continues, speak with your dr.

I have the same issue (I have a standing desk which probably makes it worse). My doc says that as long as the swelling goes down when you put your feet up/lie down at the end of the day, then its not a problem.

Back
Top Bottom