Slow Motion Feeling>

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Last night, i was laying in bed, it was getting close to midnight and out of the blue, I got this "slow motion" feeling. The tv was on, and it was like the tv sound went down alot, and the feeling was like I was in slow motion. I went to look at the clock and noticed i was up longer than usual... I got up at 6:40am... so I was up for 17 1/2 hours when I started to feel this way.

I guess I should take this as a "warning sign"....

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this prior to a seizure coming on? And if so, what kind of seizure do you have or have you had if you had this feeling before the seizure occured?

Ive had complex partial seizures and grand mal seizures all my life. last year I had alot of simple partial seizures, and was recently told by my dr that I could easily have any kind of seizure. So i just wanted to check here to see if this was normal?

I get that, in fact the was the first aura like feeling I got when I was 16. When I told doctors this they seemed stumped. How long did it last and did your hearing seemed muffled, like your underwater?

The feeling lasted for like 3-5 minutes id say? I was just sitting on my bed, kind of leaning back, at the time trying to get the pillows organized before going to bed, and I felt weird. what I mean by that, is all of a sudden this feeling came over me... like time had stopped or started to go really slow... the tv was on, but I couldnt hear it as good as I did before this occured. I remember thinking what the heck is going on? Then Id try to look to my left or right and Id feel this weird feeling again... the same feeling I got just prior to the seizures where my head would want to turn to the right...

I kept my focus to my left, even though my body felt like it was wanting to go to the right. My clock was to the left and I remember looking at it, thinking how long have I been up? I layed back, and closed my eyes, still feeling this... then I must have been so tired that I just went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, I was so tired that it felt like rocks were on my eyes this morning. I had to lay back down again for another one and a half hours. If I didnt have the kids with me, I would have probably slept alot longer

As far as my hearing goes, the only thing I noticed was that the tv seemed like someone had turned it down... other than that, I didnt notice anything else.

That sounds scary for sure. My body would do something similar. When I was 16 I think that was how all the stuff started showing itself. I would feel kind of warm, loss sensation in my body and every seemed slowed down. Still never understood why it happened then or now but usually seizures follow it now. So I'd just make sure you always keep track of it from this point on. Hopefully it never happens again.

Back
Top Bottom