slow motion ? strange feeling...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jayde-101

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi
Im just wondering if anyone has had problems with things seeming too slow or in slow motion i don't know if its a warning but it gets me quite upset

for example i was in my friends car and i said to him but "the stereo is going to slow " when looking a the timer it seemed to be going really slow and he kept trying to explain that it was normal and i just wouldn't have it ... to me it was "wrong" and it really upset me

has anyone had similar ...what could it be going??

Thanks x

I can relate to this. Time seems to slow down for me when I have partials. I also feel oddly calm and so exhausted that I almost can't be bothered asking for help. I really have to push myself to make the words come out. I know it's scary but you'll be okay x

Yeah, it happens to me once in a while. It's more like a quick feeling that comes over me where I FEEL like everything just slowed down, but I don't hear music getting slower or anything like that.

I would say that it could be seizure related. Certain kinds of seizures cause a person to hear, see, or smell something that's not really there, or they can cause you to feel like things are growing or shrinking right before your eyes, so I'd say feeling like or seeing things slow down can be related to the same type of seizure...

Last edited:
So could this be seizure related ??

When things seem to be going in slow motion this could be a simple partial seizure. For me, it is an aura (also simple partial) before a big time TC seizure. It feels like what one sees in movies, where everything suddenly is going in slow motion. Then it seems like someone has turned up the loudspeaker to the point of being unbearable. After that, I don't remember a thing.........

My simple partials are often like this at the beginning before my head nods off and things get a little twitchy. Everything is sorta slow, muted, fuzzy and detached.
I really feel for you. Your neurologist's appointment must feel so far away and yet you have to deal with all this crazy stuff without the validation that yes, you have seizures.
Don't worry. YOU are not crazy. You will get through this. They'll figure you out yet.
The waiting is torture.

Well I've been on a struggle since i was 16 ....Im 23 this year.... :/ its just progressively getting worse and just don't know where to turn ... Im scared of losing my job ..I've been signed unfit to work by the drs and have been off 6 weeks now :( talk about being at your wits end :(

Not being able to work must really be the hardest part. Social interaction lessens and all you can do is pay attention to what your body is doing since you are on your own and focusing on your health. Life has not been easy for you...maybe seven years will be a lucky number for you and your path may take a turn! Remember to try to treat yourself and be kind to yourself when you're at home.

Similair To Me !

Hi Their, I Have Epilepsy And I Get These Kind Of Symtoms, It Can Be Slow Motion Or Fast Motion, During This I Feel Extremely Dizzy, This Could Be Caused By High Or Low Blood Pressure I Think, Drink Pleanty Of Liquid I Advice Ice Cold Water And Rest.

When I was younger, I would have the sensation that time was moving quickly. It was pretty intense. It was as if someone hit the fast forward button in my life. Even my comprehension of things sped up. The sounds, visuals, everything... Very creepy. I though it may have been normal. Looking back, I understand this may have been E related. This was happening years before I was diagnosed. One negative of having a community that is mostly consisted of people who suffer from E is that it takes more work to find out if others suffer from the same.

Everything sped up and everything slowed down. I have experienced both for as long as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom