Snake-like Tongue Movements? (tip of tongue)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

elizzza811

Stalwart
Reaction score
I'm still trying to educate myself on all the possibilities of what might be going on with my 89 yo father.

In addition to the symptoms mentioned in an earlier thread (thumb-twitching, memory loss, confusion, etc...), my sister pointed out another to me today. During these 'episodes' he will make strange, rapid, in-and-out movements with the tip of his tongue (sort of like a snake does, if you can picture that), only he keeps these subtle movements confined to the interior of his mouth.

Would these snake-like tongue movements be considered lip-smacking? Ever hear of this before?

Back
Top Bottom