Some type of seizure???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes when I'll look at things they just amaze me. This will only last for a few seconds, a minute at most.

For instance (sorry if this is disgusting) my husband was in the shower and I had to go to the bathroom. He told me don't flush the toilet. When I got done I looked at the stuff in the toilet and it was just amazing and I flushed without even realizing that I did it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be some sort of seizure?

it hasn't happened to me... but boy your hubby must have gotten that surprise in the shower...:roflmao:

He sure did, and he wasn't too happy about it either!

I wonder if that is some kind of variation on Deja Vu???

Intense emotions are a kind of temporal lobe simple partial seizure. The ones we usually hear about are fear and euphoria. But amazement wouldn't surprise me, either.

When I get fear seizures I know it's not the thing I'm looking at or thinking of that's causing the fear. The seizure would make me feel it no matter what I was looking at. So it's not the poop you were fascinated with! It could have been the towels in the hamper had you been looking elsewhere at the moment!

I'm tacking a question onto this string.

Tonight I woke up to a feeling like I was surrounded by a thousand pounds of pressure, pressing in on me from all sides. Like being under a hundred feet of water, or being in a hyperbaric chamber. Very physical. And I had that familiar feeling of dread.

Is this a seizure? If so, it's a new one for me. It just feel so odd, and so awful.

Back
Top Bottom