Someone please tell me how to take control?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pheonix

New
Reaction score
I suffer from partial and nocturnal seizures, i feel so out of control at the moment, im getting partials all the time, i always feel it coming and try to stop it but no matter what i do i normally end up forgetting, i hate it so much and just want someone to tell me a way to stop it, its like i know what's happening because i can feel like i should know everything what's going on but just can't figure it out, and then i wake up a little bit later and nothing makes sense and i feel so ashamed that its happened again. Sorry ive rambled a bit but does anyone know how to take control, when i can feel it and then stop it? thank you for answers in advance

Pheonix

I am sorry you feel this way but what you are asking for is nothing short of a miracle and I do not mean to be smart about it. Pheonix it makes no difference what seizures any of us are having the one thing we all want is for it to stop or for someone to say push that button and it goes away. There is nothing we can do except roll with the punches and those punches are vicious. You should not feel ashamed of anything especially when you have no control on what is happening, never feel ashamed you have no reason to. I wish there was an answer but unfortunately none that I know of. Ramble all you want my friend.

Sorry :/ i don't think i expected an answer but thought it was worth a try, thanks for listening

There is no problem and I know what you mean, sorry I should have known. Just me pay no attention, be good.

phoenix, have you ever tried ativan to stop them when you feel one coming on?

Thank you Fedup, and no i haven't i will have to mention it to my neurologist, thanks

pls do, my doc gave it to me a couple years ago. it's hard for me to remember it when i'm in the middle of a partial, but if you have a partner or kids they can do it.

yes, it's an anti-anxiety and anti-seizure pill, very very very small. it goes under your tongue for fast absorption. not needed if you only have simple partials but if you have complex that sometimes turn t.c. on you they can help stop it from going further than the partial.

Thanks qtowngirl i will have to mention it to my neurologist, glad its not an actual table - have enough trouble swallowing them at the best of times lol

welcome! not sure what country you live in so it may be called something different in the UK, Australia, etc., but in North America it's Ativan :)

Lorazapam here in the U.K.

Thanks qtowngirl i will have to mention it to my neurologist, glad its not an actual table - have enough trouble swallowing them at the best of times lol

oh phoenix pls believe i'm not making fun of you here, but i am lmao...

i think most of us would have trouble swallowing a table :)

Back
Top Bottom