Stabilize Mood and Stop Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

yorkie41

New
Reaction score
Do some epilepsy drugs stabilize mood and stop seizures? Do we get a dual purpose from some epilepsy drugs?:ponde

Keppra seemed to give me mood swings and anxiety so my neuro has put me on tegretol it seems to have stopped the mood swings.

Last edited:
Depakote is prescribed as a mood stablizer as well as for seizure control.

Keppra and Mood/Anxiety

I'm glad I'm off keppra it works for some people but not me. Now I'm eating alot more than usual I hope this gets under control soom

I take Lamictal which is prescribed for both epilepsy and bi-polar; both of which I am lucky enough to have. I also take seroquel which is just for the BP and Keppra for the E.

maybe I should ask about Depakote. I just had my keppra dosage increase and i think i'm getting the keprage and depression as a result.

I was tempted to call the person whose helped me out the most today just to ask if they really liked me because i was feeling like they must hate me - I can't even come up for a reason for why I was feeling like that.

tegratol

i was on tegratol for a number of years it never gave me any side affects but unfortunatley it didnt controll my grand-mals, so ive recebtly changed, i hope they work better for you :) xx

Back
Top Bottom