Starting to be controlled! Thank you grand-mals!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Today marks 2 months for which I have been seizure free! On January 14th I had my first grand-mal seizure & had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. I had another & a few more petite-mal seizures. It was also the first time a doctor actually saw me have a seizure. And don't remember anything. I was in a coma basically for a day & a half almost. I was put on onfi & it has changed my life. If I go another month seizure free it will be legal that I will be allowed to drive, but, I will be waiting at least 6 months. Maybe in a year & a half or so I can get my own apartment. Thank you god for making me have those grand-mal seizures, or they would not be controlled now.

lovetypething<3

Glad to hear they are controlled now and hopefully you will get to drive soon. Best of luck with the apartment though. That is not going to be easy.

Thank you god for making me have those grand-mal seizures, or they would not be controlled now.
It's too bad that that's what it took for you to get treatment, but it;s great that the treatment is working and that you are getting relief and seizure control. Cheers!

Thank you all!!! @Fedup how will the apartment not be easy? Family letting me move out or funds?

@Nakamova I agree, family members & friends have said the same but I'm just thankful it happened & I got the right treatment from it! Thank you!

I'm glad to hear you got them under control. I had spent 3 different times in the epilepsy monitor unit in Dallas, while I there they were trying to catch me having a seizure to determine what part of the brain it was coming from in order to consider surgery. The first time I went home after 7 days. The second time I came in the day I started having seizures and sat in the ER for 8 hours waiting to be seen before I was sent to the room. I didn't know I was suppose to go directly to the monitoring unit. Needless to say they let me go home the next morning because I already had them. The third time I had two grand mal seizures at home before we headed to the hospital and then after we got there I went to the nurses desk to ask when they were going to get me hooked up to the machines and had a third grand mal in the hallway. First time I ever had three grand mals in one day. Went home the next day because I never had any more. I never went back. I'm kinda they didn't catch me having one on their machines because now I wouldn't even consider having brain surgery. Sorry I'm rambling...

Thank you! Wow that really sucks though. I know what you mean its so tough to catch them! I had spent a week in the hospital for a VEEG in indianapolis, I had none. Was discharged & whattya know if my mom & I weren't a mile from the hospital & I had a damn seizure! Smh

Thank you! Wow that really sucks though. I know what you mean its so tough to catch them! I had spent a week in the hospital for a VEEG in indianapolis, I had none. Was discharged & whattya know if my mom & I weren't a mile from the hospital & I had a damn seizure! Smh

It sure did. The doctors saw me have it, they just didn't have me hooked up to all those brain electrodes yet so it really didn't do any good other than them witnessing it.

lovetypething<3

What I mean about the apartment not being easy is you have to haul everything from your house to the new apartment, that is not easy. That is what I ment. It will be good that you have your own place and nobody looking over your shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom