Still Holding On

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I hope this finds everyone doing well. I'm ok. Im taking the metoprolol. I discovered online that it is not solely used for high-blood pressure, or to prevent heartattack and strokes (I had an aneurysm), it can be used to treat anxiety as well. I've been taking it for a week now. I think I feel better? Im not sure. The flippin, rapid, pounding heartbeat is still there. I think Im even more aware of it now than before. I'll discuss with my dr next month. Im having some new things happen now. Hearing my heartbeat, sounds like wind rushing in my left ear. Left arm muscle spasm (non-painful, just scary). Eye twitching more than before and extreme sleepyness (all the time) as a matter of fact, I could use a good nap now. The cardiologist that prescribed the metoprolol is absolutely wonderful. He was made aware of the aura's - altered mental state when I was in hospital last summer. He knows that I've been having a terible time finding a neurologist and offered to prescribe lyrica for me. He was truly concerned about my health. Thank you God, I needed that. I havent felt sane in a long time, and he made me feel like a normal, intelligent person, gotta go, crying.

It's great to find a sympathetic doctor, it can make a real difference.

Keep track of how you feel on the metoprolol -- if it's not helping, or if the side effects are problematic, let your doctor know.

Back
Top Bottom