Still taking seizures grr

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
On Sunday morning I took a small partial seizure while I was on the computer. I had an aura & I was on another forum & I remember trying to type a message on the forum but it just wouldn't come out right. I think it I finaly managed to get the message out right.

On Monday my parents & I were sitting in a park at a table and chairs having lunch . I was fine one min then I had an aura. Next thing I know my parents told me I had a seizure, I tried to deny it. My Mum said that Dad spoke to me but I was just looking at them and staring into space & they realised I had a seziure. They said that at one stage I started to topple so they both had to rush over and push me back up until I came out of my seizure.

I rang the neurologist & he wants me to see him as soon as I've had my MRI on March 25. He wants me to give the Topamax increase a bit longer & I think he'll wait to see the results of the MRI before he decides whether to put me on Kepra.

I was fairly busy last week & out every day so ate on the run most days. I looked back in my food diary at what I ate on the days before I had the seizures (including the seizure on feb 14) & noticed that I ate alot of foods cooked in a lot of oil (eg french fries). I'm wondering if the fatty food could course the seizures??? I'm going to ask the neuro about this but I'm staying away from the fatty foods until after I see the neuro just to be safe.

Last edited:
French fries = carb overload (high glycemic load). It would be contraindicated for all of the seizure control diets except for the GARD.

Have you tried cutting back on simple carbs in the diet?

I would try changing your diet like Bernard mentioned just to see what happens... I wasnt eating that much when we were moving. I could tell a difference.

sorry you had more seizures

(((((((((hugs)))))))

love,
angel

Bad nutrition most definitely causes seizures in my daughter. I am beginning to believe the carbs are the problem and adding bad fat doesn't help.

Thanks everyone

I will take your suggestion Bernard & look at cutting out on the simpler carbs.

I am going to cut out on fried foods for a starter and see how I go.

Yesterday afternoon I took a partail seizure, luckily I was already laying on the couch because I had been watching tv. My Mum saw me take the seizure because I am staying with my parents over the Easter holidays. Mum said I kept trying to get of the couch & saying I wanted to go somewere but dind't know where. Mum got me to stay on the couch while I was still taking the turn because I was disorientated. After I came out of the seizure I slept for about 15 mins.
I only had something small for tea Yesterday & had an early night because after the seizure I had a headache.

I had a handful of potatoe wedges (which were cooked in the oven) for lunch on Good Friday so not sure if it was them or if it was some chocolate I ate that caused the seizure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom