Still trying to work my way onto Vimpat

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Melpier

New
Reaction score
I'm on my full dosage of vimpat and almost off of Tryleptal. I had 4 seizures last night. if tonight goes the same I WILL be calling my nurologist tomorrow. I'm so concerned about going down the rest of the way on the tryleptal with out going up. if I'm having problems now how is taking more out of my system going to help? I guess we will just have to wait and see. vimpat seems to be a reallygood me I just might have to be on more of it or something else.

Oh, Melpier,

I hope things really work out for you, I really do. That's really frustrating, I know it is. I am titrating up on Lamictal, and don't know if it's enough, either, and I don't want to go up too much more

Good luck!

Meetz
:rock:

thanks .this is a great place to talk about my epilepsy.its been great for advice and venting. I am so glad I found it. It's great to know people here Truely understand and have been there.

My epileptologist, just added to my meds and it helped. Wow.Go to Vimpat.com.

Last edited:
:soap:I think my biggest problem is that it is taking the place of my base med and so the transaction is being a little rough. I'm loving the med for the most part. I just dont want to have seizures anymore so that is my real goal. I'm tired of exeping that I'm just going to have to deal with it. there must be something that can help and I think it is this med but we will see.:soap:

my Neurologist wont be back until tomorrow. I'll let you all know what happens then

A Small But Not Total Update

Going to have blood drawn tomorrow morning and if I have more problems tonight will probably get an appt tomorrow also. I told the nurse that I fell off my bed last night during a seizure, and the nurse seemed surprised and a little worried. I guess she thought I was only having auras at night. I'm really trying to communicate better with them. I'll keep you all updated

Last edited:
I used to have those and the Vimpat stopped it. But they did not take me off of any other meds. I know I keep saying that. Are you ok? What kind of nocturnal seizure was it? Darn.It does not sound like auras to me. Take it easy ok?

Things last night were bad and then this morning I had a cluster of Atonic seizures. I called first thing to day and yesterday. when I dint get a call back by lunch we went up to the dr. office. my Dilantin levels are really low and I only take it at night. I hope this works. It looks like i will probably be out longer then I planned :roll: I'll keep you updated.

Ok, I will really pray for you. Right now you are going to be my focus in my meditation. I have been there many times.I am here if you want to talk privatly to. Teresa

Grrrrr!!!

they upped my Dilantin but only by 20mg - my levels were about half of where me neurologist would like them. im having suck a hell of a time. I'll be making a phone call today to findout what else they want to do. :dontknow:

So why did they up your dilantin? Did you ask them? I see my epi doctor tomorrow. I will let you know what happens to. I hated dilantin.Can you change meds? I mean Vimpat works with any med.

Are you one something besides Vimpat? I'm pretty sure Vimpat is an add-on drug so you need a base for it to combine with, you may have mentioned being on another drug and I just read it wrong.

Answers and updates

Teresa -
The Trileptal levels had the Dilantin levels higher so going off of it back fired on Dilantin too.

Bri -
You are right but I had to get off of my main drug. Trileptal was giving me a really bad sodium deficiency.

Teresa & Bri -
I took Diastat last night just to get a good nights sleep. I slept about solid 3 hour and then the seizures started.I had 5 total. today the doctor decided to put be back on Depakote (I was on it 15 -20 years ago) It's the extended release and I will only be taking it at night. Now I'm kinda nerves about OD'ing with in the next 4 weeks. The nursesaid something about hoping not to have to take me off Vimpat. I told he she wouldn't . they can change anything else but I feel to good on the Vimpat - well other then the seizures. I Dont feel sleepy even with how little sleep I've been getting just physically tire because of lack of sleep. and getting 3 hours last night felt GREAT!!!! which is kind of sad, but at least it was more then I've been getting. ]

ohh, alright, yeah it's good you got offa that then!

My boyfriend is on the same combination as you! I hope it works for both of you. =]

what kind of seizures do you havE?

Melpier, I sympathize with you and I hope you can get your meds all worked out.

I am trying to work out going from Carbatrol to Keppra and it has been difficult.

I hope you get more sleep tonite. Not getting enough sleep I think adds to the problem. If you can swing in a nap go for it.

Bri

I've had everything from auras to Atonic to tonic-clonic and probably everything else too. drops, ticks, stiffening shaking and just plain old annoying auras.

oh wow, i hope this does the trick for you.

my boyfriend has absense, & tonic clonic & maybe starting to have partial seizures, so we're hoping this works, although it was only tested on people with partial seizures.

Wow, it looks llike we are all pretty serious survivors of epilepsy. I have tonic clonic, myoclonic, partials , auras you name it. drop. I like this drug but I have a hard time sleeping to. I am taking benedryl and other stuff to help me sleep. I saw my dr. yesterday but he said there was nothing on it about sleeping. I am still on only 100 mlg daily. I see him in a month. But my seizures weren't as bad this month on my period. You guys, I am praying for you both. Teresa

Back
Top Bottom