The stomach flu caused me to seize

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

patek8ks

New
Reaction score
I'm so frustrated had a seizure in my sleep last night as I had been coping with a horrible bought of the stomach flu for 48hrs..couldn't keep sips of fluid down let alone my meds..now I believe I've become dehydrated and since I couldn't keep my meds down I seized in my sleep and I am a wreck...hurt my arm/shoulder I just replaced along with being out of sorts from the seizure...seeing the neurologist at 1:00 but not knowing what his prognosis will be and this happening ontop of still not feeling well has me so emotional....God I hate having epilepsy some days!!!

Sorry to hear this happened :(
I hope it goes okay with you neurologist and you feel better soon
Do you not have the option of an anti sickness injection when this happens so you can keep them down? I don't know how things work over there to be honest
X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Were you taking any sort of med for the flu, even over the counter? If you were this could have had something to do with having a seizure. Being dehirated could have had something to do with it also. I know my neuro has told me to make sure I drink a lot of fluids. And ones without caffeine in them.

I had the flu a few years ago and threw up about an hour after I took my am meds and several times after that. I thought for sure I was going to have a seizure but surprisingly I didn't.

I went to my PCP right after I started throwing up for two reasons. First because I was sick and second because of not being able to keep the meds down. They told me that if I kept throwing up then I may have to go to the ER and have my meds given to me intravenously to make sure that I was getting them.

I know things can get frustrating at times. Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon!

Thank you guys for your responses! My neurologist sent me to the ER as he believed I was dehydrated and had IV fluids pushed thru me as well as a seizure Med called Vimpat administered IV as well. I was still out of sorts yesterday but today I am starting to feel like my old self again. Boy that's an adventure I definitely do not want to take for a very very long time.. I appreciate the feed back! =0)

Back
Top Bottom