Stop, Drop, and Roll!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aicila

New
Reaction score
My clothes keep catching on fire! Not literally. I keep smelling a burning smell and automatically keep checking my clothes for burning. When I find out my clothes aren't on fire I keep asking the guys I work with if they smell that and they say no and think I am on some sort of drugs. I just tell them, "duh... I am, you dorks, you know this". Then they laugh at me and I laugh at myself. Oh well. More seizures I guess....

Most sexy, but I don't think that has much to do with my clothes catching on fire. Although, since my daughter does look a lot like me I may be in trouble there... Hmmm, maybe need to buy her fire retarded clothes and keep her grounded till she's 30...

I keep smelling a burning smell and automatically keep checking my clothes for burning.

LOL I keep wondering who's skulking around my house smoking foul-smelling, 100 year old, tar covered cigarettes. Haha. Yikes, actually, I hope it is seizure activity and not some strange stalker:p

Sounds like you are able to explain it just fine to me. It's the other people who are confused :) I often smell different things and when I mention them I get the deer in the head lights look. As a matter of fact, this morning I have been all over this building because of the terrible smell. apparently I am the only one "special" enough to notice it. I think I will keep myself on a short leash this morning.....

It was yesterday that I smelled myself on fire. It's really weird how at the time you can't understand there is nothing on fire and it is just a phantom smell. I have never had smell siezures before recently. My siezures have been changing because of new medications and doses (according to my nuerologist). Yay me. <- Insert sarcasm. I think it makes sense they are changing though, I have some sort of cold or flu, my work hours just changed again, and my dosages just changed (for the last time <- Insert sarcasm again).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom