Swelling above eyelid with Vimpat?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I took my first 100mg tablet last night, and then this morning at 10am. After taking this mornings dose, i went to take a shower and noticed right above my left eyelid, it was swollen. Its red and swollen. It hurts when I touch it.

has anyone here experienced this with Vimpat?

I see it says on some sights about swelling of the mouth and face area. Doesnt give an exact detail of where the swelling can occur. I dont know if this is related to starting a higher dose of the medication or not?

Hi, Mom,

Please call your doc. Eyelid swelling could be a drug reaction, or a drug allergy which would be worse. It could be something harmless, but your doc needs to make that call.

Keep a close eye on yourself (no pun intended). Especially if the swelling gets worse, or spreads to your lips, mouth, throat. If it is in your mouth/throat go strait to the ER.

Some antibiotics make my face swell up like a pufferfish. That's definitely a 911 call.

Back
Top Bottom