Switching from Tegretol to Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well so far so good before jumping out of bed I threw a diazapam down my neck and so far (touch wood) no sign of anything flying or dropping out of my hand
I do not like relying on diazapam to help me but I think its the only cure until I am clear of tegratol and relying on lamotragene

Many thanks for your info I will be having words with my gp about this topic when I see her again in a few days thanks

ive wanted to switch from tegretol to lamictal but i got a feeling it wll never happen, i hate tegretol and for some reason they wont take me off it! since i took it i now get simple partials too.... i always thought it was the side effects till last year when i found out the symtoms was more auras. i also got levels back last time and they said my levels was higher tham usual but they done nothing bout it!

Well third day and today I had a small myclonic but it was about 1pm I just hope that my myclonics aren't changing to that extent that they are changing time of day that they strike as later in the day becomes more dangerous for me

Switching from Tegretol to Lamotrigine (Lamicital)

I recently did this switch due to concern over long term use of tegretol (which I have been on for decades). Within days of beginning the ramp-up on lamotrigine (having been off tegretol for over 2 months) I had a seizure (tonic clonic). This was early June and I'm now on lamotrigine at full strength (150mg per day) and I prefer it to tegretol as I am more alert.

Hi everyone. I have bipolar 2 and my first doctor prescribed me epilepsy medication i think. i have been on it for 1.5 years (depakote) and i have gained an enormous amount of weight (60lbs). I gained 20lbs in the first week! I have another doctor appointment coming up and i have been researching tegretol and lamictal. i think neither of them causes weight gain but ive read that lamictal causes seizures and rashes and tegretol causes rapid eye movements and hallucinations. How accurate is this? Have any of you experienced this?

the only hallucinations i ever get iswhen my missus actually does as i tell her and the kids as well that has to be hallucinations or a dream lol

Back
Top Bottom