Coping With Epilepsy Medikidz Comic Book Explains Epilepsy
Sponsored Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
The Gut Club

Hello Eric, when this website graciously allows me to post links, I'd be happy to educate you. For now, your response is that of a machine. You've misconstrued my statements without doing your due diligence in understanding the topics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:
MarkyMark (03-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator / Spaminator

Thanked 1,308 Times in 939 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith View Post:
You've misconstrued my statements without doing your due diligence in understanding the topics.
I've quoted you so that what you say cannot be misconstrued & responded as such. If I have misconstrued what you said then you can easily explain how but you never have.

As for understanding topics, I've done years of studying alternative and mainstream medicine and feel I do know what I'm talking about. Maybe it is you who lacks the diligence in understanding.

Also, When I can I have linked to the sites you've talked so I don't see you being able to link as relevant.

Last edited by epileric; 07-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
The Gut Club

I've been posting here for months without ability to include important links. It makes me wonder if this site isn't sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry and neurological associations whose psychiatrists treat seizure disorder from the neck up in complete disregard of the gut-brain connection. A cocktail of drugs is used to sedate the brain while breakthrough seizures still occur. If it does work, perhaps the mechanism is how these literal poisons shift gut flora, so success may be inadvertent. Note to Eric the Spaminator, perhaps you should consider some constructive criticism of my theories because I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't a paid shill of Big Pharma, having nothing positive to say about gut-origin of seizure. There's plenty of hard evidence, not least of which are the major gut diseases already include seizure as symptom. As far as I'm concerned, the evidence is in, but the "epilepsy industry" is far behind in their understanding, hopefully catching-up fast.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM
The Gut Club

Eric, your very first statement misconstrued mine. To clarify, I said Celiac symptoms may not be limited to the gut, in fact, gastrointestinal symptoms may not appear at all, yet show up in several other parts of the body including the brain. Still, the problems are of gut origin. I'd post a link to a related article here, but I'm still not allowed by this system. Shall I describe the article so that you can post it for me or people can google it? Absurd and insulting.

Last edited by Bernard; 07-28-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: guidelines
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:
MarkyMark (03-19-2018), RobinN (02-07-2014)
Old 07-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,298 Times in 820 Posts
I've been posting here for months without ability to include important links. ...
... I'd post a link to a related article here, but I'm still not allowed by this system. Shall I describe the article so that you can post it for me or people can google it? Absurd and insulting.
Hi Keith, sorry about the frustration of not being allowed to post live links yet. It's a security measure we had to implement for all new members unfortunately. The reason is explained here. In the meantime, you can post web addresses if you add spaces next to the periods in the address (to break it up). I or another moderator will fix the link for you later.

... It makes me wonder if this site isn't sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry and neurological associations whose psychiatrists treat seizure disorder from the neck up in complete disregard of the gut-brain connection. ...
lol. CWE might be the only large epilepsy community not sponsored by big pharma. We have a big tent here though. We welcome a wide spectrum of viewpoints as long as people respect and abide the very reasonable guidelines here.

Eric is the resident skeptic and that can be vexing to a lot of people (including other members of the moderating team), but as long as people are willing to discuss issues and not make things personal, a good discussion with opposing viewpoints can often be illuminating.

... There's plenty of hard evidence, not least of which are the major gut diseases already include seizure as symptom. As far as I'm concerned, the evidence is in, but the "epilepsy industry" is far behind in their understanding, hopefully catching-up fast.
We had an Italian researcher who posted some pretty awesome info a while back. Have a look if you haven't seen it already (might take reading the thread a few times to fully understand - it did for me anyway):

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/...183/#post57089
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
RobinN (08-12-2012), wants2know (09-17-2014)
Old 12-15-2016, 09:28 AM
New Here

Originally Posted by mamaruns View Post:
Has anyone here ever heard of systemic yeast infection causing seizures?

I saw a wholistic M.D. yesterday that specializes in psyiatry (doc that "puts pieces of the puzzle together" in hard to solve cases - not psychiatry). Apparently I have systemic candida, which he thinks I've had for a very long time. It's invading me all over, and making me very ill. On top of that, I have a mycoplasma pneumonia infection, which the doc says it looks like I've had for awhile. I think I caught the mycoplasma last Nov, but the candida issues I've been showing signs of for about 5 years - around the time I started having seizures.

The doc told me that the candiasis may have altered my pH enough to cause me to be more prone to seizures. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. I just find it no coincidence that I started having seizures around the same time I showed signs of candiasis (leaky gut syndrome, sudden severe allergies and rashes, etc).

What really makes me angry is, I've been suspecting candiasis for awhile now, and when I ask my primary care doc to check me for signs of it, she acts like I'm crazy. I was just there not that long ago, how could they not see that my eardrums are covered in it? It's on my skin and in mouth as well, how can they miss that, especially when I tell them of my suspicions? This has made me sick to the point of wanting to die at times. I cannot believe how many thousands of dollars I've wasted on stupid doctors.
i know your post is old but i found it through a search query i did looking for my own answers - because I think you are all on to something...I started having seizures over a week ago and I have had issues leading up to that and soo many symptoms that overlap ...I have spent thousands on doctors to end up getting relief through a naturopath, a doctor who gave me a script for Candida Glabrata for boric acid suppositories for 600 mg for 21 days and Im in my third day. and A crushed-papaya-seed cleanse.

I was spiraling so badly and out of control and now I think im doing better...i still have a little ways but i don't feel like im dying anymore...I was so bad..I'm actually able to type and use a computer. I had neorological issues so emtreme and seizures and EMF issues. I couldn't read i felt my head exploding ...
wondering how you are doing? please disregard typos- im getting my feet under me still- used to be able to type and etc for hours now i'm trying to get used to it for 10 mins..
Old 12-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,341 Times in 5,421 Posts
Hi sarahmoniker, welcome to CWE!

And keep us posted. Everyone's different , but it's always interesting to hear about a treatment that might bring seizure relief!

Best,
Nakamova
Old 12-30-2016, 12:40 PM
The Gut Club

It's good to see this thread resurrected, reading over my own thoughts and experiences of over 4 years ago.

It's lead to this project here on CWE:
Gut-Brain Epilepsy Project
I'm here to explore gut-origin of seizure and gut-brain connection. This includes microbial predisposition (children born imbalanced) and infection where gut and brain dysbiosis lead to metabolic disorder, pH, sugar, amino acid and vitamin imbalances and microbial toxins/aldehydes/lipids as cause of seizure. I believe these are environmental health issues of the highest order. http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/...itivity-22787/
Old 10-02-2018, 07:01 PM
New Here

I wonder

I was doing a natural parasite cleanse then I started having seizures out of the blue. I thought it was Lyme disease they said epilepsy.