it takes special talent to fall UP the stairs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

marlena23

New
Reaction score
This is something that is funny but strange but I got dizzy and fell up the stairs going to bed. I don't know how many of you have ever experienced an earthquake but the dizziness felt like a small earthquake, like when its described as a rolling motion. Has anyone experienced this?
Thank goodness falling UP the stairs is easier than falling down lol

I hope you weren't hurt! I think I know what you mean about the dizziness, I get a mild version of it as a side effect of Lamictal -- it feels like the spins, or adjusting to land after being on a boat for a long time.

LOL, I've

done it more than a few times. I've been dizzy, usually from an ear infection or something, and off I've gone. Provided plenty of entertainment for those around me, oddly enough.

However, some of us do have atonic seizures, which lead us to fall up the stairs. I know of one member in particular who does this. As long as you didn't lose muscle control, that's not your problem. Dizziness is totally different.

Do talk to your neuro though. It's something that they need to know about...

I do get dizzy. Usually it happens from sitting to standing though. Since I started Vimpat I have a new type of "dizzy" though. I will have a falling over or tripping episode, with no dizzy sensation what-so-ever. I will not feel anything, no spinning, no nothing, just all of the sudden I run into a wall or door way or have to catch my balance. Basically people have started to think I am a drinker now...

I've done this a good many times, and haven't even been dizzy!

Back
Top Bottom