Taking a double dose of meds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I had a seizure this evening and when I came out of it, about 5 min before my alarm goes off, my husband told me to take my meds because I was still a little bit out of it and he was afraid that I could go into another seizure and end up not taking them at all so I did. When I went to turn off my alarm I saw that it was already off. I looked at my pill case I saw that I'd taken my meds for today before I'd had the seizure and had taken I'd taken tomorrows does the second time, which was probably about 15 min before I'd taken the other dose. How worried should I be that I'd taken a double dose of meds?

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You might remember that I thought I took a double dose of meds a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if I did or did not, but I didn't seem to have much of an issue with it. just some drowsiness and concentration problems that could have been from a variety of causes. Did everything go ok for you?

Thanks zombelina. I don't know if I missed your post or if I just forgot it, which is more likely.

Everything turned out ok, I was pretty tired the next day though. I told my husband from now on if I've had a seizure around med time for him to give me my pill case so he can check to make sure I don't take my meds twice. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom