Taking too much meds vs not enough

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Every so often, around an hour after I take my meds, I'll see there is a pill on the floor where I normally take my meds. I don't know if I dropped it from the meds that I took an hour ago or if it was from meds that I took from another day.

I don't take the pill that I found because I though it's probably better to take less than too much.

I take mine 3 times per day, and just today couldn't remember if I took the noon dose or not of one of them, because I was interrupted by a phone call as I was taking them. So now I have 3 different colored small medicine cups I will put the AM, noon and PM doses in at the beginning of each day. I'm hoping it will work for me; maybe it will for you too. As for dropping one - make sure to put them in your mouth one at a time and not just dump them all in your hand and then into your mouth in one shot. I used to do the same thing as you if I don't do it this way; ie. find one on the floor and wonder if it is supposed to be in me or in the bottle!

I have a daily pill case that I keep them in. I take around 8 pills in the am and pm. I usually take them 4 at a time. I just don't know if the pill that was on the floor was dropped at the time that I took them that day or if it was from another day. I'll have to start putting them in one at a time.

I use a pill case to and have a lot of pills like you do (isn't it a pain). I poor them in my hand then separate them out (in my hand) making sure they are all there. Then I take them a few at a time (the separated groupings) so I can tell wether or not I have taken all of them. It helps some because like you, I would find one every once in awhile and it can be kind of scarey wondering if you have taken it that day or not. Or maybe you can separate them on a table or counter then take them by groups.

I take my meds 4 times a day and I have 7 day pill box.Including my ashthma meds and heart pill I take.
I keep all my meds in a cabinet.I pop all my meds in my mouth at one time and down with a sip a sip of water if I have to.I can always hear if a pill hits the floor and look till I find it.

I guess when I said am/pm pill box I didn't describe it quite right.

I have two week long pill cases. One for my am meds and one for my pm meds. I keep the am pill case in the bedroom and the pm pill case in the living room just to make sure I don't get them mixed up. I fill the cases up on Saturdays.

The only one day pill case that I have, which is an am/pm case, is the one in my purse.

If I drop a pill on the floor sometimes I'll hear it and other times I won't. It depends on how much noise there is in the house.

I've got an alarm on my phone to make sure I take them on time too. I don't know when the last time I missed a dose was since I started doing that.

Too bad they just can't make one pill that has all your pills mixed together in it!

Too bad they just can't make one pill that has all your pills mixed together in it!

Wouldn't that be awesome! But I guess the best they can do is multi-vitamins in a single pill as because so many people take them it keeps the price down. Imagine the cost of individualizing everyone's medications and supplements into just one or pills to swallow . . . I do think someone should try, though. Might reduce a lot of medication and dosing errors that are so easy to make.

Maybe we can get together masterjen and try to make the 'one pill thing'. If we did I bet we could make millions!

I have a round shaped weekly pill box for night meds and a straight one for day meds. Still, yesterday morning I got them mixed up. I got as far as throwing all the pills into my mouth. Then I realised there were way too many pills there and spat them all out and left them on the counter to dry lol. It would have been a train smash if I'd swallowed them. I'd have slept the entire day. Don't think leaving pills out to dry is the best idea either. I probably should have thrown them away. I used to have one light blue one for day and one dark blue one for night and somehow that worked because I simply never got them mixed up, ever. I had that plan for four years till my day pills got too big for the light blue box.

Back
Top Bottom