Tell me about your auras

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Your auras are quite different than mine. What kind of epilepsy/seizures do you have?
I have complex partial seizures and tonic clonic seizures. They always happen with the same pattern I will have an aura then I will have a complex partial that will last for a minute or so that lead into a tonic clonic and then back into a partial complex (this is what I am told). Post ictal for me is about 30 minutes where apparently I can talk sometimes walk usually very cooperative but sometime agitated or argumentative I dont know who anyone is I dont even know my own son then i just pop out of it or wake up with a sore tongue. I never have one or the other always the same sequence.

the same pattern/sequence is fairly common. and *@*#! frustrating!!!
i will say tho that atleast we know every time what's coming, opposed to those who have to deal with 'never know what's going to happen' type epilepsy. (((hugs))) to those of you who have to deal with that :)

qtown... I never know what's going to happen :( Only had a couple of T/Cs, but sometimes the auras get really intense and last awhile, and I almost wish I'd just have a T/C, instead of wondering if I'm going to wake up on the floor/in an ambulance.

well don't get me wrong, at the end of the day none of us know what's going to happen, anything can turn into anything, but it's just more understandable i guess for those of us whose szs seem to atleast start the same. ie: i don't know if i'm going to have a grand mal each time, however if i do they always have the same pattern, start with a simple partial which just gets stronger and stronger then wammo. also, my simple partials on their own are always, always the same.
i HATE them but i can't imagine having g.m.'s without already being szing beforehand, b/c atleast when i'm having a partial i know the potential.

Last edited:
Mine changed recently

I have generalised complex idiopathic epilepsy which means i have had everything from narcolepsy to tonic clonic epilepsy recently last 8 years has been myoclonic , tonic and tonic clonic. if im going to have a bad day I see things coloured in red . Peoples hair and legs etc once i see that i go to bed as I know i will have big ones and quite a few. other times when they are not as bad i see a yellowy green colour. The other day (this was a first) I kept saying my right arm is being rained on my husband came running as we were in our living room he knew something wasnt right.

well don't get me wrong, at the end of the day none of us know what's going to happen, anything can turn into anything, but it's just more understandable i guess for those of us whose szs seem to atleast start the same. ie: i don't know if i'm going to have a grand mal each time, however if i do they always have the same pattern, start with a simple partial which just gets stronger and stronger then wammo. also, my simple partials on their own are always, always the same.
i HATE them but i can't imagine having g.m.'s without already being szing beforehand, b/c atleast when i'm having a partial i know the potential.
i completely understand where your coming from, even though your freighted and it isnt pleasant at least your not getting off the floor thinking what the hell just happened. i have had both sides and i prefer the feelins first

Back
Top Bottom