Things that make you go... hmmmmmmm

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
Today I am reading a medical newsletter that I get and it discusses: Belly Fat in Midlife, Dementia later
March 26, 2008 -- Having a fat belly at midlife, which is already associated with an increased risk of diabetes, heart problems, and stroke, also increases the risk of getting dementia in your later years, according to a new study.

"This is the first time research has linked central obesity in midlife with dementia later in life," says Rachel Whitmer, PhD, research scientist at the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research in Oakland, Calif., who led the study. Central obesity is the term used for excess abdominal body fat.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20080326/belly-fat-in-midlife-dementia-later?page=2

It got me thinkin'...(a dangerous thing I know). There is the theory by some that Alzheimers is a form on late onset Autism. And with that thought, there goes the realization by many parents with autistic kids that there children's bellies are distended at times, and the intestinal tract is unhealthy. When this is cleared up they see tremendous progress in their child's positive behaviors.

Again.. just thinkin.. could there by any chance be a connection between the two.

I have been working very hard to make sure my daughters is healthy for once in her life, and her seizures are reduced this month. She is certainly not over weight, fat or any other name you want to call it. However, she has had a toxic (in my words) intestinal system her whole life.

Makes me sit back and think....hmmmmmmm

colonblow.jpg

:ponder:

There is more to it than that Bernard... Now aren't you the funny guy? When did they find you with a tie on?

Not entirely without merit though...

I wonder what the statistics say about vegetarians vs. meat-atarians with respect to Alzheimer's for instance?

...curious?:ponder:

What I read on the autistic channels is that it is a fungal, yeast, bacterial issue that is causing the bloated, enlarged bellies. Once this is dealt with many of the neurological symptoms go away.

Well, for my part...

I think it's incredible it's been isolated to that...

Kudos to science!
:rock:

Perhaps I painted a fuzzy picture here. It isn't only that. It is one part of the puzzle. Then there is the fighting of latent viruses, in and out of the brain. Chelating the kids of known toxins and many are coming out of their fog.

Back
Top Bottom