thinking I need to change medic. from dilantin to ??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
I am thinking I need to change medic. from dilantin to I DON"T WHAT

I have temporal lobe epilepsy.

I am so taking Klopoin.

As you ALL know what an ordeal it is to change medic.

I have tried Phenob., mysoline, tegretol-XR, lamictal, Lodrane 12-D, carbamazepine, and KEPPRA.

I had asked my Neur. to change me back to dilantin, I could tolerate the side effects of the above med.

I am prone to depression and insomnia. Being on the Dilantin and klopoin. I have not had so much of these (i can tolerate it enough that I don't need a third medic.)

However being on dilantin so long, I am now have problems with shakness, gate is off, Making me scared to leave the house.

Just when out with friend for lunch, and with walking cane, I fell.

Can anyone with temporal lobe epilepsy tell me what medic. you are on.

(if this a repeated thread - I apologies)

Im not a doctor but i would think about trying topamax or zonegran.

I know that topamax sepused to work on the temporal lobs area and zonegran sepused to work just like topamax so it should be an option as well...

discuss this with your doctor and see what he has to say.

Also if topamax will work but the side effects would be bad for you zonegran would be able to work but with less side effects,it changes from person to person.

Also sometimes you need to stick with the side effects for month or two until you feel a relief and it might be good to give it a shot,even with the medication you tried before.

Back
Top Bottom