Third degree burns on both hands

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been around for a while because I got third degree burns on both hands the day after Thanksgiving. I had a seizure while I was fixing my hair with a curling iron and grabbed hold of the hot end and walked all over the house with it. I can't even begin to tell you how bad they were and looked.

My hands have been very bandaged up and I had to have a skin graft done on my left hand and I haven't been able to move my fingers. I'm only wearing a few bandages now and I'm my fingers are moving so hopefully things will keep getting better. I really miss you guys!!!!

Ouch
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope your hands heal up soon.
I only came back few months ago and saw you weren’t around.

valeriedl

You are having a rough time of it but mind yourself and do what the doctors tell you so your hands get better. You are missed here.

:hugs::hugs:

Yikes, how scary. I hope your hands continue to heal.

Hi valeried,

I'm sorry to hear about the 3rd degree burns. I got sun poisoning when I was in high school while at a summer camp swimming and water skiing all day long with a sunblock on. One thing that worked great for me was cider vinegar just put some old clothes on then put the cider vinegar on your hand and take my word it will get rid of the pain and you won't get any blisters. It worked great for me. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sorry to hear that you burned your hands. I know what those burns feel like. Glad that you're feeling better.
As I've often mentioned, I have burned myself (second & third degree) at least 4 or 5 times. One area of my lower right arm has been burned 3 times. Even family members don't understand how I can injure myself so severely & be unaware of what is happening. I won't go to the hospital for my burns. The last time I went, they kept trying/wanting to get me to say that my family was doing this to me!

The last time I went, they kept trying/wanting to get me to say that my family was doing this to me!

This made me laugh!!!! It's pretty bad when the drs don't even know the things you can do during a seizure over and over again!

Oh wow, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :(

***hugs***

I'm lucky that a close friend is am MD, so she wrote me a prescription for the silver sulfadiazine cream the last time. (After burning myself so many times, I already knew what to do.) The whole right side of my body from just under my breast down to my knee has scars because of those burns.

:( So sorry to hear that V. :hugs:

Valeried,
Oh my goodness how painful!! Keeping you in my prayers. Be well. Jeanne

I won't go to the hospital for my burns. The last time I went, they kept trying/wanting to get me to say that my family was doing this to me!

I told my mom about this and she started laughing. She said once when my brother was a little boy he cut himself so bad that she had to take him to the ER for stitches. A nurse was holding him she kept whispering very loudly saying "Oh little boy I wish you could tell me what really happened!"

Most of my burns are apparently from boiling or hot water/liquids. My first burn experience was really scary. As usual, I had boiled 2 eggs for breakfast, & was sitting on the sofa with them on a plate. The next thing I knew, I was in the exact same place, with an empty plate in my lap and large blisters covering my hands & arms. Here's what is more surprising. My husband was fast asleep the whole time in our bedroom, less than 20 feet away!

Back
Top Bottom