Are Tinnitus and Epilepsy Related?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've just found if I feel stuffed up (not as much stuffy nose as just that sinus headache sort of feeling) at all I'm more likely to hear the ringing it seems to help. Both my husband and I have REALLY loud pipes so it's pretty bad riding together but we did get custom hearplugs which help. And of course we're on one bike (his) for the next few months which will cut the noise in half... Don't know how much you rode, but we've both got over 100k under our belts so lots of noise.

I've just found if I feel stuffed up (not as much stuffy nose as just that sinus headache sort of feeling) at all I'm more likely to hear the ringing it seems to help. Both my husband and I have REALLY loud pipes so it's pretty bad riding together but we did get custom hearplugs which help. And of course we're on one bike (his) for the next few months which will cut the noise in half... Don't know how much you rode, but we've both got over 100k under our belts so lots of noise.

I doubt I have that many miles but my husband may....I haven't ridden in a while - way before my seizure. I've asked my husband to go for hearing test since he also listens to loud music. I've had allergy problems / sinus etc my whole life but never any seizures until 57 years old! I'm still in denial. The ringing does drive me crazy.

I'm pretty much in the same place, only diagnosed 12 years ago, 54 now, am on the mandatory 6 mo no driving which sucks because we are going to Sturgis in August and now I have to be a passenger. Yes, I too have had less than perfect sinuses my whole life, some allergies but those came on later (40s), and it's hard to tell if the e meds have any affect or if it's a whole separate issue. My husband finally did go in for hearing tests last year and now has hearing aids, which is to some degree an improvement except it's worse now when he takes them off (or at least he whines about it more now). Good luck with getting your's in, he really should, especially if you're noticing the tv creeping up in volume...

He jokes and says he'll learn sign language before he gets hearing aids. LOL His good friend has hearing aids already from too many concerts. We'll have to text for the rest of our lives!

Back
Top Bottom