Tired days - whats going on?!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

amyjo

New
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new here so I do apologise in advance for my ramblings!!

I just wanted to put this out there and see if people have experienced the same thing and if so - the outcome of this.

I have now been seizure (TC and absences) free 4 months, however I am often finding myself having very 'tired' days. Days where I'm not sure if its med side effects taking hold and being super strong but days where I am so tired I cant last a whole day without a nap. I'm currently on summer holidays from uni so have lots of lay ins... on a typical day I'd get up between 10/11am and then by 2 will be exhausted and need to go to sleep for an hour or so. By 6 oclock I would gladly fall back to sleep but try to stay awake for fear of not sleeping at night. I could then go to bed at 11pm and snooze until the following morning. It is a feeling of sheer exhaustion, it makes me moody and unsociable and generally feel unwell. I also look very glassy eyed for this entire time.

These days happen once or twice every 2/3 weeks and I am utterly wiped out with no obvious cause. Even if I have done nothing but lounge infront of the sofa I look and feel shattered. I have been taking medication (1000mg twice a day and 200mg lamotrigine twice a day) since jan 2011 so its not like I'm still adjusting to side effects... And this hasnt always happened either, I'd say since March or so.

I last saw my neuro 3 weeks ago and told her this and she said that I should just sleep but didn't give a reason for why it might happen. I had bloods taken at my appointment which I assume must all be normal as I have not heard anything to suggest otherwise.

Any suggestions on what this could be and does anyone else have these tired days?!

Cheers guys

Amy xxx

Hi Amy, welcome to CWE!

You might want to double-check on the results of your blood test -- all the AEDs I've taken (including my current one, Lamotrigine) have given me "tired" blood, with low WBC and RBC counts. I take a B12 vitamin to help.

You might also want to discuss lowering your medication doses a bit to see if that helps with the fatigue.

Lastly, have you seen your regular doc lately? It could be something unrelated to the epilepsy or the meds that's making you tired. Maybe a general check-up is in order.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom