Tonic Clonic recovery???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Depends on how bad. Me? A couple days to stop feeling sore and weak and a week or so for my tongue

Last few have been within 24 hours to be completely normal.
First one, nearly a week to get back to normal.
It can really vary... are you alright? :?

it really depends .
sometimes right away
sometimes days can go bye.
for me its usualy about four hours to days.
Hope your safe ..

Im ok, still in my aura and upset after seeing the doc (check my other post) but the q was just cos i was wondering, was reading ppl writing stuff bout having a tc and then join about the rest of there day i couldn't imagine being able to do that so was just curious...I have a TC and as long as i don't sustain other injuries this is what goes down...

seizure
once i come to I throw up
major major headache so have to sleep for a whole day.
so for me its usually 24 hrs I'm out for and then the usual sore tongue for a week and any other wacky injuries.

sorry about ur appt. gf- guess we're both peeved about those, huh? lol

mine do vary quite a bit. if i have one at work and don't do much damage, i can be doing basic tasks that don't need much processing within the hour- but my head will be killing me and i'll be 'fuzzy wuzzy' for the rest of the day- and certainly won't regain full ability.

sometimes tho, it's just stumble to the nearest semi-soft thing as soon as i can move, curl up on it and fall asleep for a good few hours. i'm quite lucky in that i never really feel pain for ages after- i may feel like a truck run me over, but i regularly don't notice sometimes quite severe/painfull injuries till the next day.

does any1 else get that 'painkiller' phase, is that just part of the 'standard' after effects? i guess i'm just numb from the brain down, after...

It took me a long time to recover from my last seizure, in part because I was hungry and dehydrated at the time of the seizure, and became more so in the aftermath. It took a week or for my body to recover, and and month for my brain to shake off the fuzziness. But for the majority of my t-c seizures recovery has been pretty quick -- sometimes I've been up and running around in a few hours.

My last one it took me an hour to be able to respond then a further half hour to realise/understand that ive had a seizure i then get a strong urge to sleep which i cant fight and sleep for about 2-6 hours ...so it normally wipes me out for the day :( they are a pain in the bum !!!

i can't believe some of you can do stuff after an hour. I'm so wiped out there is no chance, i mean my brai is just in soooo much pain...

Hi Grace,

Sorry you have get sick after..... nasty. I dont get that. I do however get the nasty headache though and do have to sleep and do get the memory loss though usually can't remember anything of the day it happens on. My husband has to remind me. The last time it happened I ended up having 4 on the same day so I ended up in hospital that was the worst it has ever been. They can never find anything of note on my tests though. Very frustrating..... No auras either just down for the count. Only happens during my periods too. So currently on 2 AEDS, a birthcontrol and a high blood pressure med seems to be the magic mix for me for now so far have not had a seizure since January that has been the longest for me in 4 years without a readjust in meds. they were upping my AEDS about every 3-4 months before thats how often I was having breakthough seizures with my meds.

Tina

It seems to me that I am coherent after about 45 minutes to an hour. As of the t/c that I had this morning, this holds true. I am usually hazy for a while after though, but maybe only a few hours. This morning, I had one at about 5:30, which my wife told me was a double, and I recall starting to come out at about 6:30. Now I am feeling quite all right...

I would like to amend my statement just a little. I thought that I was feeling all right at the time, but through out the day I have had that off and on weird head feeling... I am sure someone knows what I mean. Also, my jaw has become sore, as well as my arms and legs, but not too bad though. Hopefully it is all better after a full nights sleep tonight.

Back
Top Bottom