Took too much meds?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
On Monday morning I woke up with very bad double vision. So bad that I couldn't move or open my eyes without throwing up. I felt horrible for the rest of the day, sleeping most of it. On Tuesday when I got up I had some double vision, but nothing was like it was the day before, a few hours later I was ok. Wednesday I was fine.

On Monday night when I went to take my evening meds I saw they were gone. I'm not sure but I think I took my evening dose of meds on Sunday in the afternoon and then again in the evening. This was a seirous over dose of meds for me. In the afternoon I take 500mg of Depakote and in the evening I take Tegretol, Keppra, Depakote and Lamictal all pretty high doses.

Could taking too much meds caused these things to happen to me?

I'm very good with keeping track of my meds and taking the right doses at the right time. I hope I never do this again.

On Monday night when I went to take my evening meds I saw they were gone. I'm not sure but I think I took my evening dose of meds on Sunday in the afternoon and then again in the evening. This was a seirous over dose of meds for me. In the afternoon I take 500mg of Depakote and in the evening I take Tegretol, Keppra, Depakote and Lamictal all pretty high doses.

Could taking too much meds caused these things to happen to me?

I'm very good with keeping track of my meds and taking the right doses at the right time. I hope I never do this again.

Isn't that irritating? There's no easy solution either way.

I don't take the meds you do, but too much Dilantin/phenytoin gives me double vision, among other side effects.

I do get double vision, maybe one a month. I know that's a side effect of one of the meds. It's never as bad as this was though.

valeriedl

I am not on the meds you are on, but its not good when something like that happens. Miss taking them or forget to take them happens and is not the end of the world mind you we know what will probably happen (for me seizure). But you think you took them twice and this is not good, getting medical advice would be a good idea. You have to look after yourself.

Ya thats not good I have done it before and I have been on each med u are talkin about keppra only one doesnt cause that or so my e dr. says I was having it other night but sounds like tegretol is culprit it was for me and about 5others I know aint much u can do now besides be more careful with ur meds.

Thanks everyone. I just don't know how I ended up doing it. I have all my meds in 3 different pill containers (am, afternoon and evening) kept in 3 different places.

I had a virus about a year ago that caused the same thing, very bad double vision causing me to throw up. I thought that it might have been that coming back. But by the time I realized that I think I took too much meds I was back to normal again.

Back
Top Bottom