transient global amnesia

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
does anyone know about or have any info relating transient global amnesia to epilepsy? My sister and mom said the neuro my dad sees wants to put him on e meds.. but they are telling me the doctors are not sure if he has epilepsy or global amnesia.... it would help if my dad would keep his appointments.... hes fine right now ..... his last attack was 5 months ago.. he hasn't had one since and when he was having an attack it looked like a cps to me that went status? he acted lost couldn't remember and kept repeating himself.... i talked to his neuro that day she asked me many Q's about the seizures i have... it always happens to him after waking from sleep..... when i got there he looked scared to death confused repeated thank you lori sorry over and over again to me and kept asking me the same q over and over kept patting my sholder over and over again... I had to take him to the ER... he refuses to take any meds too.... he had an appointment about a week ago which he canceled.....

i found this site I really think he has epilepsy, and went into Complex partial status epilepticus thats what it says on this site Other Problems to be Considered:

Complex partial status epilepticus..... http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/topic380.htm

love
angel

Last edited:
thank you for the link Bernard,

still its hard to tell if its the same epilepsy is what it looks like to me.... still though even with reading the sites its hard to tell.......

im thinking ill ask my dad to take me to my next appointment with my neuro..... he keeps asking me lots of questions about my seizures he says his are kinda like that"like mine" but wants no help.... I guess ill just keep answering my dads questions about epilepsy until he decides to take care of himself..... he has HIGH blood pressure also is on meds for that and has also had kidney surgery for stones.....

Last edited:
Could be or it might not be.. hard to tell Angel.
If your whole family is concerned you might call his doctor. Or another approach I have heard about, but haven't be involved with, is to have your whole family sit him down and tell him how concerned you are about him.

Confusion can be a part of dementia, Alzheimers, and other neuro disorders as well.

He might not be getting enough oxygen. You might ask him if he would be willing to use an oxygen tank at home for a week or so, and see if it helps.

does anyone know about or have any info relating transient global amnesia to epilepsy? My sister and mom said the neuro my dad sees wants to put him on e meds.. but they are telling me the doctors are not sure if he has epilepsy or global amnesia.... it would help if my dad would keep his appointments.... hes fine right now ..... his last attack was 5 months ago.. he hasn't had one since and when he was having an attack it looked like a cps to me that went status? he acted lost couldn't remember and kept repeating himself.... i talked to his neuro that day she asked me many Q's about the seizures i have... it always happens to him after waking from sleep..... when i got there he looked scared to death confused repeated thank you lori sorry over and over again to me and kept asking me the same q over and over kept patting my sholder over and over again... I had to take him to the ER... he refuses to take any meds too.... he had an appointment about a week ago which he canceled.....

i found this site I really think he has epilepsy, and went into Complex partial status epilepticus thats what it says on this site Other Problems to be Considered:

Complex partial status epilepticus..... http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/topic380.htm

love
angel

I had symptoms like that with my CPS but also with TIAs [vascular problems]. I hope your dad will get checked for all possibilities before buying into any label. Try some google searches like these:
"transient global amnesia" "causes", "transient global amnesia" "syncope" "transient global amnesia" "TIA" "transient global amnesia" "magnesium" "transient global amnesia" "calcium"
"transient global amnesia" "apnea". "transient global amnesia" "blood sugar" "transient global amnesia" "vitamin B12" "transient global amnesia" "folic acid"
Some of these may give you some ideas on what might be triggering your dad's symptoms.

You definitely are the Research Queen.

Hey Bernard... we need a crown smilie.

Back
Top Bottom